    training, and ppl in computer sales to keep track of new technologies
    (processors, faster ram, etc). Any links or Magazine subscriptions
    would be cool Thanks.

    Mr. Arcade, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Mr. Arcade wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm lookin for information on how to stay current with the rapidly
    > growing computer technologies. Is there a website for computer techs in
    > training, and ppl in computer sales to keep track of new technologies
    > (processors, faster ram, etc). Any links or Magazine subscriptions
    > would be cool Thanks.

    I would say, starting with several IT newsletters on the Net and,
    several of the computer magazines. I get, both, ComputerWorld and,
    NetworkWorld. You could also look at Computer Shopper and, some of the
    graphics related magazines, as a way to keep up with the changes and,
    advancements in IT.

    Christopher

    Christopher Range, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Mr. Arcade

    lanceallott Guest

    Christopher Range wrote:

    > Mr. Arcade wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm lookin for information on how to stay current with the rapidly
    >> growing computer technologies. Is there a website for computer techs in
    >> training, and ppl in computer sales to keep track of new technologies
    >> (processors, faster ram, etc). Any links or Magazine subscriptions
    >> would be cool Thanks.

    > I would say, starting with several IT newsletters on the Net and,
    > several of the computer magazines. I get, both, ComputerWorld and,
    > NetworkWorld. You could also look at Computer Shopper and, some of the
    > graphics related magazines, as a way to keep up with the changes and,
    > advancements in IT.
    >
    > Christopher

    Personally I subscribe to 4 magazines, Smart Computing in Plain English,
    Computer Power User both published by Sandhills and Linux Journal and it's
    online sister publication Tux Magazine.

    As for websites, I like tomshardware.com and hothardware.com

    hth//Lance

    lanceallott, Mar 24, 2006
  4. Mr. Arcade

    MF Guest

    Read.

    Read more.

    :)

    good luck.

    MF, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Mr. Arcade

    J. Clarke Guest

    MF wrote:

    > Read.
    >
    > Read more.
    >
    > :)
    >
    > good luck.

    Dink around, upgrade your machine regularly so you're forced to live with
    the new stuff. Subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack or MSDN or both.
    Set up a Linux box and keep it current.

    Subscribe to a number of USENET newsgroups in the areas in which you have a
    need for currency and ask questions and read the questions that others
    pose--they are sometimes useful starting points for research.

    Google.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate