How do you set up a Belkin Ethernet Bridge to allow wireless printing?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by John Perry, Sep 12, 2005.

  1. John Perry

    John Perry Guest

    I want to connect a HP2100TN to my network wirelessly. All machines
    on the network have static IP addresses in the 192.168.0.x range. I
    have an ADSL wireless router with ip address 192.168.0.100.

    I want the printer to have static IP address 192.168.0.253 and the
    wireless bridge to have 192.168.0.239.

    Also I need 128bit WEP encryption turned on (I have entered the ASCII
    pass phrase).

    After doing a hard reset of the Belkin (which sets it to
    192.168.2.225) I can set up a laptop with IP address 192.168.2.1 and
    access the bridge with a cable and can see the set up menus. But, how
    do I get my setup to work as I want it please. Specifically, what do
    I put in IP Address, Subnet Mask and Router on the bridge.

    I have had various guesses and cannot access the bridge once I have
    changed the IP address to something in the 192.168.0.x range.

    Thanks for any comments
    --
    John Perry

    http://www.redoak.co.uk