    later installing Mozilla onto OS 10.4)

    --
    Mike

    Mike, May 1, 2006

  2. Mike wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to erase my hard drive and re-install Mozilla mail. How can I
    > save all my Mozilla mail settings? Then I will install a new operating
    > system (OS 10.4) and then re-install Mozilla and then import my old
    > settings. Where is there a place in Mozilla where I could save my
    > settings so that I don't have to write them all down and re-set it all
    > up again. There must be an easy and fast way to do this. Thanks for any
    > advice.
    >
    > (I am using Mozilla Suite 1.3.1 on my mac running OS 9.2. I will be
    > later installing Mozilla onto OS 10.4)

    Save everything from this location
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\PROFILENAME.DEFAULT

    Install TB onto new PC and copy the above to new PC in exact same place

    Ian Ozenthroat, May 1, 2006

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Thanks Ian,

    I see on the Thunderbird website there is a note that Thunderbird easily
    migrates:

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq#q2.2

    I will give this a try. It certainly should make it easy.

    Thanks Ian

    Mike, May 6, 2006