    do you's rate the prcatice test exam on the companion CD, from Measureup,
    because the book is published in 2003, is the practice exam dated now.
    Thanks for your help.
    VISCO, Aug 21, 2005

  2. to bo honest your better of getting the papers from testking
    se if any of your mates have them or you can buy them online
    thats the way i passed but also read the book couple of time.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbg==?=, Aug 22, 2005

  3. VISCO

    zenner Guest

    The real question is: How could you not "pass" if you got the answers before
    taking the test?

    A second question would be: Are you, better as a system administrator, after
    feeding on someone else's work, than digesting the information and studying
    all the topics instead of just what it takes to pass the exam?

    Goal oriented...at any cost? Oh...Kay, seems only fair? Might as well give
    up on tests for steroids in athletes too.

    zenner, Aug 22, 2005
  4. VISCO

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbg==?=" <> say
    in news::

    > to bo honest your better of getting the papers from testking

    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YOu slimy little A$$F@$#^@&! That's Cheating!!! VISCO! Stay away from
    them if you want to have a cert that's worth a tinkers damn

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Programmers don't repeat themselves, they LOOP.
    Neil, Aug 22, 2005
  5. a.s.s.f.u.c.k.e.r.

    /* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.1, Aug 22, 2005
  6. VISCO

    zenner Guest

    The "included" exam is a decent way to track your progress, but as you
    realize...it is behind the curve. Within the Help section of the test, it
    should list a URL that will direct you to errata and/or update page.
    However, you need to realize the object of including the exam is not as
    substitute for the full flavor version you purchase from Measure Up, it's
    meant as a intro to their product line. Some people have successfully passed
    the exam using the included exam, but have also used TechNet, whitepapers,
    KB articles..etc to fill-in, augment and update things not covered in that
    version.

    Measure up, Transcended are arguably the most respected, legitimate exam
    simulations, they have been in the business for quite a while and stay with
    in the bounds of NDA. There are others that are no more than BrainDumps,
    garnering information from actual, current exams to give the user unfair
    advantage by offering predigested info on possible test subject matter. If
    that is your goal I just hope you have someone at your next job that can
    provide a similar service. The idea is to assimilate knowledge not memorize
    it.

    zenner, Aug 22, 2005
  7. VISCO

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "zenner" <> say in

    > TechNet, whitepapers,
    > KB articles..etc to fill-in, augment and update things not covered in
    > that version.

    the best

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - 98% of all constipated people don't give a crap.
    Neil, Aug 22, 2005
  8. VISCO

    Frisbee® Guest

    MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    "/* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.1138.2600] */" <@> wrote in
    message news:%...
    > a.s.s.f.u.c.k.e.r.

    Please join me in welcoming Microcephalic S. Bob
    [MCSBNGP+++#7.13.86.42.1138.2600]. MCNGP #46, heretoafter referred to as
    "Bob" or possibly "McBob."

    Having met all the requirements of the hallowed MCNGP certification exam,
    McBob is hereby conferred upon said sacred initials.

    Please to be e-mailing me an appropriate picture for our members section,
    The Legendary TGP shall at once be notified to look for your account to be
    elevated to full-member status, just in time to see all of us talking about
    you in the private section.

    Your membership kit shall be delivered forthwith via Federal Impress,
    complete with a copy of the keys to the Ferrari (It's up to you to find the
    actual car), your certificate, suitable for wrapping fish, instructions on
    the sekrit handshake, and password to access our super sekrit pr0n section.

    Congrats, McBob!

    --
    Fris "Half a dozen more needed for deck of cards" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!

    http://www.mcngp.com

    Frisbee®, Aug 22, 2005
  9. VISCO

    CBIC Guest

    Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    > Congrats, McBob!

    All hail Bob. Congrats, welcome and all those other kudos.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Aug 22, 2005
  10. VISCO

    Neil Guest

    Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    did you hear "Frisbee®" <> say in

    > Please join me in welcoming Microcephalic S. Bob
    > [MCSBNGP+++#7.13.86.42.1138.2600]. MCNGP #46, heretoafter referred to

    as
    > "Bob" or possibly "McBob."

    46?!?! Wow, if we're not carefull we'll soon be playing with a full deck!

    welcome Bob...

    --
    Neil "Now Entering Illuminated Legion" MCNGP#30

    - Shouldn't hemorrhoids be called asteroids?
    Neil, Aug 22, 2005
  11. VISCO

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® spewed across the ether:

    > Congrats, McBob!

    Now THERE's a very k3wl way to start a Monday! Welcome o Small-Headed
    Robert, I shall instruct the maintenence wallahs to move a card table and
    lawn chair into your new office, and spray paint your name on the door
    forthwith.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 22, 2005
  12. VISCO

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > "/* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.1138.2600] */" <@> wrote

    in
    > message news:%...
    > > a.s.s.f.u.c.k.e.r.

    > Please join me in welcoming Microcephalic S. Bob
    > [MCSBNGP+++#7.13.86.42.1138.2600]. MCNGP #46, heretoafter referred to as
    > "Bob" or possibly "McBob."

    Congrats

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Aug 22, 2005
  13. VISCO

    VISCO Guest

    Nice One Zenner

    Cheers for the advice, I am going through the mentioned web sites and find
    them very good for getting further information on modules that are not
    covered in various books, I am hungry to learn, and if I dont get the exam
    this time, i will try again, there are more people out there that know the
    MS product upside down and to coin MS phrase Inside Out, and dont have
    certs. Its just a staus thing mainly for comanies to say, look how many
    microsoft certified people we have on board, and for support companies to
    advertise what they have to offer, well thats my 2c worth.

    MS-ViSCO

    THE TRUTH iS FAR OuT

    VISCO, Aug 22, 2005
  14. VISCO

    kpg Guest

    Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    > Having met all the requirements of the hallowed MCNGP certification
    > exam, McBob is hereby conferred upon said sacred initials.

    Bob! Bob! Bob!

    Congrtas and Welcome.

    Dare I ask for an acceptance Speech?

    kpg
    kpg, Aug 22, 2005
  15. VISCO

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:

    > Dare I ask for an acceptance Speech?

    Hmmm... I could prolly free up the first week of October to read it...

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 22, 2005
  16. Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    >> Having met all the requirements of the hallowed MCNGP certification
    >> exam, McBob is hereby conferred upon said sacred initials.

    > Bob! Bob! Bob!
    >
    > Congrtas and Welcome.
    >

    > Dare I ask for an acceptance Speech?

    I will be prepared to formally accept MCNGP status tomorrow, at which point
    I will render a speech which will take several hours for JaR to read, not
    because of it's length, but because JaR is dylsexic and the letters will
    jumble.
    /* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++ #7.13.86.42.1, Aug 22, 2005
  17. VISCO

    Neil Guest

    Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    did you hear "/* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++
    #7.13.86.42.1138.2600] */" <@> say in

    > JaR is dylsexic and the
    > letters will jumble.

    DAM - Mothers Against Dyslexia

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Improved: Almost works the second time. See Upgrade.
    Neil, Aug 22, 2005
  18. VISCO

    Frisbee® Guest

    > did you hear "/* Microcephalic S. Bob [MCSBNGP+++
    > #7.13.86.42.1138.2600] */" <@> say in
    >
    >> JaR is dylsexic and the
    >> letters will jumble.

    > DAM - Mothers Against Dyslexia

    You're both going to conjur-up Paisley Skye and she's going to be mad as a
    wet hen.
    Frisbee®, Aug 22, 2005
  19. VISCO

    JaR Guest

    Re: MCNGP #46 (Was: Re: How do you Rate Prcatice Test Exam With MS-Press 290 Book)

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® spewed across the ether:

    > You're both going to conjur-up Paisley Skye and she's going to be mad
    > as a wet hippie.

    IFYPFY

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 22, 2005
  20. VISCO

    zenner Guest

    I don't know exactly how to take the last comment...re: It's just a status
    thing. Yes, it is a status thing, ...whether or not we are talking about
    "just a status thing"...that's kind of up for debate.

    Many companies over specify job requirements; ask for MCSE when what they
    really need an MCP or MCSA Due to the current climate, they can ask for and
    get exceedingly over qualified people to staff rather menial positions,
    personally I don't think they are doing the candidate, the users or
    themselves a favor. You can use a race horse to pull a wagon...but he ain't
    gonna be happy.

    I think a lot of the cheating, besides the cheater being of Low character,
    is a response to the elevated requirements that have no basis in apparent
    need for that level of skill. If a person sees a discrepancy between his (or
    Her) daily duties and the hurdle they have to jump to get the job...it's
    almost a neon sign that says...do whatever it takes to get the job, you
    won't need to know most of the stuff anyway. that dilutes the respect for
    the certification.

    I know many companies that require MCSE/MCSA on staff to qualify for
    discounts plans or to be listed on recommended lists of service providers,
    vendors or sellers of products, services. The Mfg. wants to be sure that
    their agent, the face the customer sees, is capable of not only selling a
    solution, but can also install, administer, manage and trouble shoot the
    product. It doesn't take much for a product to earn a bad reputation...an
    unskilled installation leaves a bad taste in a customers mouth, then he
    doesn't just blame the installer, his impression is that the product is bad.

    So yes I agree there is a degree of credential creep, but to make the leap
    to labeling achieving certification, especially advanced certifications, as
    "just" a status thing!...is not recognizing there is a real need for
    certification especially if its earned the old fashion way, by actually
    knowing the product.

    One other point in closing. No one will respect your credential, unless you
    do first!

    zenner, Aug 22, 2005