    before Google etc reckonise the site.

    The web site if anyone is interested is www.rentatriumph.co.nz

    Cheers Blair

    Corky, May 5, 2007

  2. On Sat, 05 May 2007 18:54:03 +1200, Corky wrote:

    > How do you optimise your website for better search engine rankings. I have
    > edited my META tag hoping this will attract more hits with key words. Is
    > there anything else I can do or do you have to hire an expert to make my
    > web site perform better.

    Worth noting that other people have had disastrous results after having
    hired an expert to improve search engine ranking.

    What I might suggest, is that think of all the words that a person
    searching for your site might use, and put those words in the body of your
    index page.

    --
    Dianthus Mimulus

    bath and a short dress to get into."

    Dianthus Mimulus, May 5, 2007

  3. Corky

    Rob S Guest

    Corky wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > How do you optimise your website for better search engine rankings. I
    > have edited my META tag hoping this will attract more hits with key
    > words. Is there anything else I can do or do you have to hire an
    > expert to make my web site perform better.
    >
    > I have only had the site up for a week and realise it will take longer
    > before Google etc reckonise the site.
    >
    > The web site if anyone is interested is www.rentatriumph.co.nz
    >

    > Cheers Blair

    This article gives an interesting analysis of Google page ranking

    http://www.collusion.org/Article.cfm?ID=433

    --

    Rob

    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

    Rob S, May 5, 2007
  4. Corky

    EMB Guest

    EMB, May 5, 2007
  5. Corky

    Enkidu Guest

    Corky wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > How do you optimise your website for better search engine rankings. I
    > have edited my META tag hoping this will attract more hits with key
    > words. Is there anything else I can do or do you have to hire an
    > expert to make my web site perform better.
    >
    > I have only had the site up for a week and realise it will take longer
    > before Google etc reckonise the site.
    >
    > The web site if anyone is interested is www.rentatriumph.co.nz

    The best way is to get people to link to your site - say someone has a
    site in the UK for bite tours around the world. Send him your URL and
    LINK TO HIM. If he reciprocates, good. Otherwise, no harm done, but you
    could remove his link from your site if he doesn't link to you.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    'hilarious', it usually isn't?

    Enkidu, May 5, 2007
  6. Corky

    peterwn Guest

    On May 5, 6:54 pm, Corky <> wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > How do you optimise your website for better search engine rankings. I
    > have edited my META tag hoping this will attract more hits with key
    > words. Is there anything else I can do or do you have to hire an
    > expert to make my web site perform better.

    A bit off-topic, but there is another matter to consider. Your
    business should not be critically dependent on a high search engine
    ranking. You do not have propietary rights as against Google, Yahoo,
    etc for them to maimntain a high ranking. Google for ever refines its
    algorithms, and a change of algorithm, especially for a site that
    exploited an algorithm weakness for a high ranking, may suddenly cause
    a site's ranking drop and business referrals crumble.

    peterwn, May 6, 2007
  7. Corky

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello
    >
    > How do you optimise your website for better search engine rankings. I
    > have edited my META tag hoping this will attract more hits with key
    > words. Is there anything else I can do or do you have to hire an
    > expert to make my web site perform better.
    >
    > I have only had the site up for a week and realise it will take longer
    > before Google etc reckonise the site.
    >
    > The web site if anyone is interested is www.rentatriumph.co.nz

    As Cliff says, links to other sites - preferably "big" sites. That and
    unique content (Google will "mark you down" if you copy to much stuff).
    So keep your content unique.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, May 7, 2007
  8. Corky

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Corky <> wrote:

    >How do you optimise your website for better search engine rankings. I
    >have edited my META tag hoping this will attract more hits with key
    >words. Is there anything else I can do or do you have to hire an
    >expert to make my web site perform better.

    http://www.isham-research.co.uk/

    Disclaimer:
    I've known Phil for quite a few years, though I've never met him.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, May 7, 2007