    default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    Thanks and bye.

    Sal_55, Mar 21, 2008

  2. Sal_55

    Guest

    On 21 mrt, 11:10, Sal_55 <> wrote:
    > I have yahoo mail as my normal email service. But when there's a link
    > to an email address on the web and I click on it, outlook express
    > opens up. I have been to yahoo answers and their tip to make yahoo my
    > default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    > tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    > Thanks and bye.

    In Firefox you can use the WebMailCompose-extension which can do this,
    sorry, no url present, use google.

    , Mar 21, 2008

  3. Sal_55

    wasbit Guest

    "Sal_55" <> wrote in message
    >I have yahoo mail as my normal email service. But when there's a link
    > to an email address on the web and I click on it, outlook express
    > opens up. I have been to yahoo answers and their tip to make yahoo my
    > default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    > tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    > Thanks and bye.

    You haven't said what operating system you're using .
    http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailtips/qt/et_default_mail.htm

    wasbit, Mar 21, 2008
  4. Sal_55

    Sal_55 Guest

    On 21 Mar, 11:46, "wasbit" <wasbit(at)@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Sal_55" <> wrote in message

    > >I have yahoo mail as my normal email service. But when there's a link
    > > to an email address on the web and I click on it, outlook express
    > > opens up. I have been to yahoo answers and their tip to make yahoo my
    > > default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    > > tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    > > Thanks and bye.

    > You haven't said what operating system you're using .http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailtips/qt/et_default_mail.htm

    Sorry, It's Windows XP.Thanks.

    Sal_55, Mar 21, 2008
  5. Hi...first download Yahoo messenger and install it.(you have to have it in
    order for Yahoo mail to be an option) Restart IE...and then...go to
    *tools*...
    *internet options*... *programs*...*email* and then you should see Yahoo
    email there. Change it to Yahoo, hit apply and Yahoo should become your
    default email. Post back and let us know how it worked out for you:)

    Just.some.guy, Mar 21, 2008
  6. Sal_55

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Just.some.guy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi...first download Yahoo messenger and install it.(you have to have
    > it in order for Yahoo mail to be an option) Restart IE...and
    > then...go to *tools*...
    > *internet options*... *programs*...*email* and then you should see
    > Yahoo email there. Change it to Yahoo, hit apply and Yahoo should
    > become your default email. Post back and let us know how it worked
    > out for you:)

    If you don't want a prattle client just to have Yahoo Mail available
    as an option for a default mail client, get Yahoo's toolbar. I
    believe both include the ActiveX control used to supply a client-side
    program which you can then select as the default mail program. Yahoo
    used to make this AX control available separately but not anymore.
    Now you're stuck with their toolbar or messenger programs.

    If you don't want to use their ActiveX control so you could use a
    local e-mail client rather than having to use their ad-laden web site,
    you could get YahooPOPs and use it to access your Yahoo account.
    YahooPOPs runs as a local POP-to-HTTP proxy to let your POP e-mail
    client connect to their HTTP webmail interface.

    VanguardLH, Mar 21, 2008
  7. Yahoo is a service of your browser, and your browser is not a mail handler
    it is a search engine that displays results of searches of your email
    account. You computer won't know about a web-based email client. I didn't
    say that right, sorry. The point is, your Yahoo mail comes to you via your
    browser because it is a web-based presentation.

    Most people prefer a mail client (Outlook Exprtess, for example -- there are
    several that are better) over a web-based email experience. It makes far
    more sense to set up Outlook Express, or one of the far better clients, to
    handle your email experience. Outlook Express is happy to find mail going to
    your Yahoo! email account. You are already using some kind of client (OE,
    maybe) to post the newsgroups, use the same client to get your mail for you
    and the trouble will be solved.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 21, 2008
  8. Sal_55

    - Bobb - Guest

    "wasbit" <wasbit(at)@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Sal_55" <> wrote in message
    >>I have yahoo mail as my normal email service. But when there's a link
    >> to an email address on the web and I click on it, outlook express
    >> opens up. I have been to yahoo answers and their tip to make yahoo my
    >> default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    >> tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    >> Thanks and bye.

    Do you use the WEB (free) version of yahoo ( do you go to
    mail.yahoo.com )?
    If you use the WEB version, you can't define email because it is not a
    PROGRAM, it is a website.

    Do you have Yahoo messenger installed ?
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...kvX1dX8jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20071217201857AApbuSu

    Do you pay to use Yahoo Plus ( as ISP), in which case you CAN use OE/
    Mail.

    Right click on Internet Explorer - programs - Email.
    Look at the dropdowns . Yahoo listed ? Is that what you mean ?

    Search yahoo - lots of others have been there - done that already.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/search/sea...iWn8Zjevya.a3Jev369xd.;_ylv=3?p=default email

    - Bobb -, Mar 21, 2008
  9. Sal_55 wrote:
    > I have yahoo mail as my normal email service. But when there's a link
    > to an email address on the web and I click on it, outlook express
    > opens up. I have been to yahoo answers and their tip to make yahoo my
    > default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    > tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    > Thanks and bye.

    Why in the world do you want to use an abusive service? You should
    realize that Yahoo attaches their own advertisement to every email that
    you send. If you're a professional, this makes you look like a shmuck to
    your recipients.

    This is even true if you're a paid subscriber to AT&T internet, because
    they're such a bunch of cheap bozos that they farm out their ISP service
    to Yahoo.

    Try a real ISP and authentic Pop3 mail service. You'll probably never
    want to go back.

    Richard

    Richard Steinfeld, Mar 21, 2008
  10. Sal_55

    Guest

    On 21 Mar, 20:55, Richard Steinfeld
    <> wrote:
    > Sal_55 wrote:
    > > I have yahoo mail as my normal email service. But when there's a link
    > > to an email address on the web and I click on it, outlook express
    > > opens up. I have been to yahoo answers and their tip to make yahoo my
    > > default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    > > tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    > > Thanks and bye.

    > Why in the world do you want to use an abusive service? You should
    > realize that Yahoo attaches their own advertisement to every email that
    > you send. If you're a professional, this makes you look like a shmuck to
    > your recipients.
    >
    > This is even true if you're a paid subscriber to AT&T internet, because
    > they're such a bunch of cheap bozos that they farm out their ISP service
    > to Yahoo.
    >
    > Try a real ISP and authentic Pop3 mail service. You'll probably never
    > want to go back.
    >
    > Richard

    Because web email is archived.

    Because yahoo is reliable long term. And pretty good short term.

    Yahoo used to actually offer pop3 with their accounts, and anybody
    with old yahoo accounts still have that.

    Yahoo gave unlimited storage free before gmail even advertised it..
    Gmail is prob better than yahoo now, but I have an old yahoo account
    and was so disgusted with Google for doing their invitation nonsense
    and not having a link to sign up.. for years. I said screw them. I
    never changed to gmail. And now many gmail and googlemail usernames
    are used up anyway..(perhaps even more than yahoo) .

    I use some non main googlemail accounts. Forwarding to a main yahoo EM
    is useful.

    Gmail offers secure pop.

    web based EM account does not necessarily mean no POP.

    True though about the value of a "professional looking" email address.

    If you have to check your email every 10 minutes, then you may want an
    email client and email notifier. But in the case of many people, if
    they are checking their email every 2 or 10 min, it is a probably a
    bad habit they should cut, a distraction, a desperate act!

    It is mobile, and no configuring an email client remebering to tell it
    to leave messages on server incase it is not default. (note- though
    any POP can be accessed via the web - mobile. - www.mail2web.com But
    a yahoo interface to yahoo account is prob more efficient than a
    generic interface to any pop3 account.)

    one can use a prog like shortkeys if logging on is a nuisance. I type
    fast though. An email client does have the advantage of not neeeding
    that. But as mentioned, some web accounts do offer POP.

    , Mar 24, 2008
  11. Sal_55

    Guest

    On 21 Mar, 10:10, Sal_55 <> wrote:
    > I have yahoo mail as my normal email service. But when there's a link
    > to an email address on the web and I click on it, outlook express
    > opens up. I have been to yahoo answers and their tip to make yahoo my
    > default email sender doesn't work. Can anyone please be kind enough to
    > tell me how to make Yahoo email my default emailer?
    > Thanks and bye.

    well, I just don't click them.

    If I want to send an email, then I highlight and copy it and when I
    get to the yahoo email page, I paste the email address into the "To"
    section.
    Or I might copy/paste it into notepad for "safekeeping" then copy/
    paste it into yahoo

    , Mar 24, 2008