    View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    any help.

    Rick B., Jun 1, 2004

  2. Rick B.

    mcgyverjones Guest

    "Rick B." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > any help.

    In Photoshop just crop part of the image you want, then Image>Resize and
    fill in your specs
    Did this not work? What have you tried?

    mcgyverjones, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Rick B.

    Bob Williams Guest

    Rick B. wrote:
    > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > any help.

    When you select your crop tool, you are given the option to crop the
    image to any size you want and any resolution. Different versions of
    Photoshop do it a little differently. I don't have V 6.0 but I have V
    5.0 and V 7.0
    In V 5.0 Double click on the crop tool and check "fixed image size".
    Then fill in the H & W boxes with the values you want. You can also fill
    in the resolution you want the image to have. I'd advise 240-300
    pixels/inch.
    Photoshop will automatically crop and resample your image so it will be
    ready for printing at the highest quality.
    In V 7.0, when you select the crop tool, the H, W and resolution boxes
    open automatically. Just fill in the numbers, drag the crop tool where
    you want it and....Voila. Cropped exactly as you wanted.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Rick B.

    Bob Williams Guest

    Rick B. wrote:
    > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > any help.

    In Photoshop, when you select your crop tool, you are offered the option
    to crop to any Height, Width and Resolution that you like.
    Different versions of PS do it slightly differently. I don't have V 6.0
    but I have V 5.0 and V 7.0.
    In v 5.0, double click on the crop tool and check the "fixed image size"
    box. Then enter the H, W, and Resolution you want. I would recommend a
    resolution of 240-300 pixels/inch for printing at highest quality.
    In v 7.0, as soon as you click the crop tool, the H, W, and Resolution
    boxes automatically display. Enter the numbers you want, drag the crop
    tool across the image to where you like it and .....Voila! Your picture
    is automatically cropped to the exact dimensions and resolution that you
    desire.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jun 1, 2004
  5. "Rick B." <> wrote in message
    > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > any help.

    By cropping, you select the part of the image you want to print. At the
    same time, you choose the correct width/height ratio for the print size you
    want. How you do it depends on the software you use - consult the manual or
    the help file. Setting the actual print size is another task, that also
    depends on the software..

    Marvin Margoshes, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Rick B.

    sun lei Guest

    sun lei, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Rick B.

    Rick B. Guest

    "mcgyverjones" <mcgyverjones(spamout)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3SRuc.86150$>...
    > "Rick B." <> wrote in message
    > > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > > any help.

    > In Photoshop just crop part of the image you want, then Image>Resize and
    > fill in your specs
    > Did this not work? What have you tried?

    Thanks for responding.Photoshop was the key. I was wasting time trying
    to use the other programs.

    Rick B., Jun 3, 2004
  8. Rick B.

    Rick B. Guest

    Bob Williams <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Rick B. wrote:
    > > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > > any help.

    > When you select your crop tool, you are given the option to crop the
    > image to any size you want and any resolution. Different versions of
    > Photoshop do it a little differently. I don't have V 6.0 but I have V
    > 5.0 and V 7.0
    > In V 5.0 Double click on the crop tool and check "fixed image size".
    > Then fill in the H & W boxes with the values you want. You can also fill
    > in the resolution you want the image to have. I'd advise 240-300
    > pixels/inch.
    > Photoshop will automatically crop and resample your image so it will be
    > ready for printing at the highest quality.
    > In V 7.0, when you select the crop tool, the H, W and resolution boxes
    > open automatically. Just fill in the numbers, drag the crop tool where
    > you want it and....Voila. Cropped exactly as you wanted.
    > Bob Williams

    Voila - Bingo - Photoshop did it. Thank you. I appreciate being
    steered to the proper program by everyone.

    Rick B., Jun 3, 2004
  9. Rick B.

    Rick B. Guest

    "Marvin Margoshes" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Rick B." <> wrote in message
    > > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > > any help.

    > By cropping, you select the part of the image you want to print. At the
    > same time, you choose the correct width/height ratio for the print size you
    > want. How you do it depends on the software you use - consult the manual or
    > the help file. Setting the actual print size is another task, that also
    > depends on the software..

    Thanks for the input. Photoshop solved my problem very easily.I don't
    think the other software will do it.

    Rick B., Jun 3, 2004
  10. Rick B.

    Rick B. Guest

    (Rick B.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > any help.

    Thank you all for your time and expertise. Photoshop did the the
    trick. What a wonderful thing this internet can be.

    Rick B., Jun 3, 2004
  11. Rick B.

    Skip M Guest

    "Rick B." <> wrote in message
    > I am new at this posting thing.Can anyone please tell me how I can get
    > a cropped portion of a picture to print at a specifed dimension(in
    > inches). I have a Nikon4300 which came with their software(Nikon
    > View5) and arcsoft photoimpression.My printer is a HP932. I also have
    > photoshop 6.0.I have spent days trying to fiqure this out. Thanks for
    > any help.

    Pshop 7.0:
    Bring up image, then:
    Select: All
    Edit: Copy
    File: New then either select Preset Sizes or convert the width/height
    settings for the desired size. Select resolution and mode in the same box.
    Edit: Paste
    Edit: Transform: Scale. Hold "Shift" key and drag corners of image to match
    or crop to the new frame. Double left click to accept crop.
    File: Save As

    I hope it works the same way in 6.0, but I don't know.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Jun 3, 2004
  12. Rick B.

    David Guest

    (Rick B.) wrote in message

    > Thanks for the input. Photoshop solved my problem very easily.I don't
    > think the other software will do it.

    Rather than cropping, resizing, and printing within Photoshop to get
    your desired results, consider dedicated photo printing software to
    simplify the process. I use Qimage Multiple Image Printing Software:

    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

    With Qimage, you simply specify the printed dimensions of the image,
    and drag the image to the page layout. You can specify multiple
    images at multiple print sizes and Qimage will arrange them on the
    page for best fit and most efficient use of paper.

    Another nice feature of Qimage is that the changes you make to an
    image like cropping, sharpening, etc. don't modify the original image.
    A separate file is created which describes the changes to be applied
    to the associated image.

    Qimage has many other features, most of which I have never used.
    Also, all future upgrades are free and updates appear several times
    per month. I think the version I am using is about a year old, lol.

    David, Jun 3, 2004