    blank DVD.

    For any software tools suggested, be aware I use a PPC-based PowerBook G4.

    Thanks.

    Fenton, Sep 18, 2006

  2. Fenton

    Netmask Guest

    "Fenton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You have a real Hollywood DVD in your hands. How can you determine if it's
    > copy-protected or not? Sure, these days you can pretty-well bet on it,
    > but
    > I'd like to know what test I can run -- tests that don't include wasting a
    > blank DVD.
    >
    > For any software tools suggested, be aware I use a PPC-based PowerBook G4.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Any of the ripping programs will tell you like DVDDecrypter - brings up the
    protection. Or just try to copy files off the disc to your hard drive - if
    it's protected they either won't copy or severe error messages come up.

    Netmask, Sep 18, 2006

  3. Fenton

    Mark W Guest

    "Fenton" <> wrote in message
    > You have a real Hollywood DVD in your hands. How can you determine if it's
    > copy-protected or not? Sure, these days you can pretty-well bet on it,
    > but
    > I'd like to know what test I can run -- tests that don't include wasting a
    > blank DVD.
    >
    > For any software tools suggested, be aware I use a PPC-based PowerBook G4.
    >
    > Thanks.

    The old ways are the best. Throw it in the river. If it floats, it should be
    burned. If it sinks, it's copy protected. Or have I got that the wrong way
    round..?

    Mark W, Sep 18, 2006