    remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
    or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
    corner of the computer. TIA

    LDR, Mar 29, 2007

  2. LDR

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    LDR wrote:
    > I'm on WindowsXPpro and would like to set up a system service for a
    > remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
    > or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
    > corner of the computer. TIA

    Lie down, have a rest, have a think about what you are trying to do,
    read this http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html and then
    come back and ask a proper question.

    Desk Rabbit, Mar 29, 2007

  3. LDR

    meerkat Guest

    "LDR" <> wrote in message
    > I'm on WindowsXPpro and would like to set up a system service for a
    > remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
    > or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
    > corner of the computer. TIA

    Go to www.google.com, and type in..
    `setting up remote server`.
    You`ll get some help in the articles there.

    meerkat, Mar 29, 2007
  4. LDR

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:38:59 GMT, LDR wrote:

    >I'm on WindowsXPpro and would like to set up a system service for a
    >remote server. I have the batch file but don't know how to execute it,
    >or where to put it, although I assume it is somewhere in the networking
    >corner of the computer. TIA

    There is a lot of information about this,
    www.google.com
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 34,000,000 for

    create a system service windows xp -pack

    .. (0.32 seconds)

    http://support.microsoft.com/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/

    I use a utility to create a service for me, firedaemon, there are a few
    others.

    Not forgetting the MS Windows XP newsgroups, mentioned before in 24HSHD
    search from,

    Me

    why?, Mar 29, 2007