    In Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, I see both Macromedia Flash
    Player 8 and Macromedia Shockwave Player are installed.

    What's going on?
    Z, Feb 20, 2006

  2. Z

    gwtc Guest

    Z wrote:

    > This is on Windows XP Pro, in a limited acct:
    >
    > When I visit a web site (http://video.google.com), I get an "Additional
    > plugins are required" notice below the address bar.
    >
    > When I click on "Install Missing Plugins" button, Plugin Finder tells me
    > that I need Macromedia Flash Player. I accept the license, then the
    > install fails.
    >
    > I tried after adding www.macromedia.com to the allowed sites than can
    > install extensions and themes, but it still fails.

    Macromedia isn't an extension or theme. Its a plugin.

    > In Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, I see both Macromedia Flash
    > Player 8 and Macromedia Shockwave Player are installed.
    >
    > What's going on?

    in the address bar type in about:plugins and see if the flash files
    are there.

    To test them you can go here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ and here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    You may also need the Google Video Player:
    http://video.google.com/playerdownload.html
    gwtc, Feb 20, 2006

  3. Z

    Z Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > in the address bar type in about:plugins and see if the flash files are
    > there.

    Thanks, Macromedia Flash wasn't listed.

    It installed fine when I logged into an Administrator acct and then
    visited the google video site w. Firefox.

    It's working now.
    Z, Feb 20, 2006