How do you get a post deleted that had your real e-mail address in it?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Oliver Howell, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. aargh - spam alert!

    Thanks,

    Oliver Howell, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Oliver Howell

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Oliver Howell said:

    > aargh - spam alert!
    >
    > Thanks,

    Too late.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 25, 2003

  3. X-No-Archive? Is this how to hide it in the first place?
    I've changed it to rubbish anyway...

    Can you (i.e. ntl) not delete it as if it was abusive?

    Oliver Howell, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Oliver Howell

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Oliver Howell said:

    > X-No-Archive? Is this how to hide it in the first place?
    > I've changed it to rubbish anyway...
    >
    > Can you (i.e. ntl) not delete it as if it was abusive?

    24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL or any other ISP.
    And no, it's too late, it will already propagated to many other servers.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Oliver Howell

    Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:12:39 +0100, "Oliver Howell" <>
    wrote:

    >aargh - spam alert!
    >
    >Thanks,

    Yeah, and if there's actually some guy with , I'm sure
    he'll appreciate you for using his email address and getting his box
    spammed.

    (dope.com is a valid domain, even if there isn't a "nope" there they
    still have to process the incoming spam)

    What's your real email address? I might use it as my spam diverter.
    Hey, as long as I don't get the spam, I could care less what happens.

    Right?

    HTH

    , Jul 25, 2003
  6. On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:15:49 +0100, "Oliver Howell" <>
    wrote:

    >X-No-Archive? Is this how to hide it in the first place?
    >I've changed it to rubbish anyway...

    No, it just prevents it from being archived by Google (and any other
    archiving system that honors x-no-archive). Spambots will probably
    still pick up the address.

    a 32 bit process, Jul 25, 2003
  7. Oliver Howell

    trout Guest

    Oliver Howell wrote:

    > aargh - spam alert!
    >
    > Thanks,

    Registrant:
    Nett Corp
    7628 Refuge Road
    Tallahassee
    FL, US
    32312

    Domain Name: DOPE.COM

    If you're going to just 'make something up'; either check to see if
    it's a valid domain, or avoid using terms like ".com".
    --
    "Why be someone else's problem?"

    trout, Jul 25, 2003
  8. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:_weUa.1712$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| X-No-Archive? Is this how to hide it in the first place?
    ||| I've changed it to rubbish anyway...
    ||| Can you (i.e. ntl) not delete it as if it was abusive?
    || 24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL or any other ISP.
    || And no, it's too late, it will already propagated to many other

    "it will already propagated"?

    dope

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Jul 25, 2003
  9. Oliver Howell

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Robert de Brus continued:

    > In news:_weUa.1712$,
    > Brian H¹© <> typed

    >>> 24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL or any other
    >>> ISP. And no, it's too late, it will already propagated to many other

    > "it will already propagated"?
    >
    > dope

    Did you fart again, fuckwit ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 25, 2003
  10. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:dchUa.1844$,
    Brian H¹© <> typed
    ||| "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    ||| ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Robert de Brus
    ||| continued:
    ||| Did you fart again, fuckwit ?
    || So I missed out the word "have", at least, unlike Robert de Troll, I
    || attempt to help people instead of trolling them at every opportunity.
    || Maybe he hasn't had enough VB's yet.

    I'm helping people. I'm helping *you* most of all, atm.

    ---
    Message has been scanned and is, to the best of my knowledge, Virus Free.

    Robert de Brus, Jul 26, 2003
  11. Oliver Howell

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Robert de Brus said:

    > In news:dchUa.1844$,
    > Brian H¹© <> typed

    >>> So I missed out the word "have", at least, unlike Robert de Troll, I
    >>> attempt to help people instead of trolling them at every opportunity.
    >>> Maybe he hasn't had enough VB's yet.

    > I'm helping people. I'm helping *you* most of all, atm.

    I don't need your help, I just need you to **** off and find someone else to
    troll.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 26, 2003
  12. Oliver Howell

    trout Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Robert de Brus said:

    <snip>

    >> I'm helping people. I'm helping *you* most of all, atm.
    >>

    > I don't need your help, I just need you to **** off and find someone
    > else to troll.

    Any particular reason you haven't just killfiled this twit? He's
    been in mine so long, I forgot he was around.
    --
    "Not like I've *ever* seen anyone thanking *him* for his help."

    trout, Jul 26, 2003
  13. Oliver Howell

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Robert de Brus continued:

    >>> No, but he's in there now.

    > hahaha, couldn't you think of that yourself? dope

    He gets KF'd and still Mr de Smeghead replied anyway. What a fuckin prick.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 26, 2003
  14. "Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote:

    >In news:_weUa.1712$,
    >Brian H¹© <> typed
    >|| 24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL or any other ISP.
    >|| And no, it's too late, it will already propagated to many other
    >
    >"it will already propagated"?
    >
    >dope

    Not to mention: "24hoursupport.helpdesk has *nothing* to do with NTL
    or any other ISP[...]"

    "*Nothing*", Brain? Other than the fact that NTL and many other ISPs
    carry it?

    HTH

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 26, 2003
  15. Oliver Howell

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Robert de Brus continued:

    > In news:,
    > Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD <> typed
    >>>>
    >>> It's troutbie & Scumpy TW0 TEH RECSCUE!!!!!!11!
    >>>
    >>> (...despite the continuing denials that 'pile-ons' occur. I
    >>> especially enjoy troutbie's sniping from behind his killfilter. What
    >>> a cowardly motherfucker Have you ever met one so devoted to the
    >>> feeding of those that s/h/it's labelled 'trolls?)

    > hehe

    Hello, it appears to be the Doctor's personal little pocket-parrot, Bobby.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 27, 2003
  16. On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:54:56 +0100, Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    <> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed to
    the world:

    >"Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote:

    >>In news:m3lUa.2004$,
    >>Brian H¹© <> typed
    >>
    >>hahaha, couldn't you think of that yourself? dope
    >>

    >It's troutbie & Scumpy TW0 TEH RECSCUE!!!!!!11!

    I agree with this post.

    >(...despite the continuing denials that 'pile-ons' occur. I especially
    >enjoy troutbie's sniping from behind his killfilter. What a cowardly
    >motherfucker Have you ever met one so devoted to the feeding of those
    >that s/h/it's labelled 'trolls?)

    Shhhhhhhhhhh they have their SEP's in place so as not to be missled by
    reality ...

    I should work harder not to disturb their delicatly poised mental
    states.

    >;o)

    <hint> SEP, from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy ... <hint>

    UseNet Rules #n:
    No firm info at the present time is available on just what the other UseNet
    Rules #n are. However, at a guess, they include:
    --
    Rule #nonumber: There are no hard-and-fast Rules on UseNet, only Guidelines,
    which are more or less strictly enforced (and differ) from group to group;
    this is why it's generally wise to read any group for a bit before ever
    posting to it.
    Rule #0: *There* *is* *no* *C*b*l*. There *is*, however, a net-wide
    conspiracy designed solely to lead Dave Hayes (q.v.) to believe that there
    is a C*b*l.
    Corollary: *There* *are* *no* *pods*.
    Rule #9: It's *always* September, *somewhere* on the Net.
    Dave Fischer's Extension: 1993 was The Year September Never Ended [so far,
    there doesn't seem to be much evidence he's wrong...]
    Rule #17: Go not to UseNet for counsel, for they will say both `No' and
    `Yes' and `Try another newsgroup'.
    Rule #2 (John Gilmore): "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes
    around it."
    Rule #108 (from the soc.motss FAQ): "What will happen to me if I read
    soc.motss?" "In general, nothing. (You may be informed or infuriated, of
    course; but that's a standard Usenet hazard.)"
    Rule #666: Old alt groups never die. They don't fade away nicely, either.
    Rule #7-B: There is no topic so thoroughly covered that noone will ever
    bring it up again.
    Rule #90120: Applying your standards to someone else's post *will* result
    in a flamewar.
    Rule #1: Spellling and grammer counts. So do grace, wit, and a sense of
    humor (the latter two are different), as well as a willingness to meet
    odd people, but these are lesser considerations.
    Rule #x^2: FAQs are asked frequently. Get used to them.
    Rule #29: no rational discourse can happen in a thread cross-posted to
    more than two newsgroups.
    rule #6 (Eddie Saxe): don't post to misc.test unless you understand the
    consequences.
    Rule #547 (Arne Adolfsen): When people know they're wrong they resort to ad
    hominems.
    Rule #37 (Faisal Nameer Jawdat): Read the thread from the beginning, or else.
    Rule #5 (Reimer's Reason): Nobody ever ignores what they should ignore on
    Usenet.
    Rule $19.99 (Brad `Squid' Shapcott): The Internet *isn't* *free*. It just has
    an economy that makes no sense to capitalism.
    Rule #3 ("Why 3?" "Because we felt like it"): For every opinion there is at
    least one equally loud and opposing opinion; sometimes stated as:
    Rule #27 (Gary Lewandowski): "In cyberspace, *everyone* can hear you scream."
    And for completeness' sake:

    Rule #4: (Godwin's Rule) Any off-topic mention of Hitler or Nazis will cause
    the thread it is mentioned in to an irrelevant and off-topic end very soon;
    every thread on UseNet has a constantly-increasing probability to contain
    such a mention.
    Quirk's Exception: Intentional invocation of this so-called "Nazi Clause" is
    ineffectual.
    Case's Corollary: If the subject is Heinlein or homosexuality, the
    probability of a Hitler/Nazi comparison being made becomes equal to one.
    - net.legends FAQ (<URL:http://www.uiuc.edu/
    ~tskirvin/faqs/legends.html>)
    --
    Copyright 1999, Tim Skirvin
    <URL:http://www.uiuc.edu/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.faq>

    not william poaster, Jul 27, 2003
  17. "slumpy" <> wrote:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as Robert de Brus continued:

    >> In news:,
    >> Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD <> typed

    >> hehe

    >Hello, it appears to be the Doctor's personal little pocket-parrot, Bobby.

    You seem to have some sort of louse on your shoulder, Brus.

    *flick*

    There, it's gone.

    Ta-ta, slumptard.

    --

    "It's amazing I won. I was running against
    peace, prosperity, and incumbency."

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 27, 2003
  18. Oliver Howell

    trout Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    <snip>

    > Hello, it appears to be the Doctor's personal little pocket-parrot,
    > Bobby.

    The Ven-troll-oquist really doesn't care who's asshole he sticks his
    hand up; as long as theres a possible chance that his simian,
    chattering, chest-thumping will somehow waft out of the killfile.
    Like any other troll, he believes his assinine braying is actually
    interesting to those other than himself, the parrot in his pocket, and
    whatever handy poodle he invites to curl up in his lap.
    --
    "What *really* hurts him; is that he's mainly in the killfile because
    he's boring, repetitive, and rather unimaginative."

    trout, Jul 27, 2003
  19. Oliver Howell

    the prof. Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:13:52 +0100, "slumpy" <> ripped
    off his/her clothing and screamed to the world:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
    >Jones MD continued:
    >
    >> "slumpy" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Robert de Brus
    >>> continued:

    >>> Hello, it appears to be the Doctor's personal little pocket-parrot,
    >>> Bobby.

    >> You seem to have some sort of louse on your shoulder, Brus.
    >>
    >> *flick*
    >>
    >> There, it's gone.
    >>
    >> Ta-ta, slumptard.

    >Still here, fuckwit.

    So you admit to being a Louse! Good! Very Good!
    The first step towards healing is admitting you have a problem.
    The second step is to treat the problem accordingly ...

    http://www.safe2use.com/pests/lice/pubiclice.htm

    and for the best, most up to date information at an apropriate age
    level for you:

    http://www.Nits-Scram.com

    the prof., Jul 27, 2003
  20. the prof. <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:13:52 +0100, "slumpy" <> ripped
    >off his/her clothing and screamed to the world:
    >
    >>"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >>threw back my head and roared with laughter as Doctor Monsignor Larville
    >>Jones MD continued:

    >>> You seem to have some sort of louse on your shoulder, Brus.
    >>>
    >>> *flick*
    >>>
    >>> There, it's gone.
    >>>
    >>> Ta-ta, slumptard.

    >>Still here, fuckwit.

    >So you admit to being a Louse! Good! Very Good!
    >The first step towards healing is admitting you have a problem.
    >The second step is to treat the problem accordingly ...

    ROFLMAO!!!!!!11!!!!!!

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 27, 2003