    MCDST classroom based course. My local Community College offers a non credit
    certification course but what are the right questions to ask and the right
    qualifications to look for in an instructor?

    cjs02, Feb 19, 2007

  2. Visit my blog (link below) and review the preparation guide for the
    70-271 and 70-272. Print out these objective and ask for the course
    syllabus and compare the two. Make sure that the objectives Microsoft
    list under the preparation guide follow closely to the course syllabus.
    Also, talk to the department head, professors and students to see what
    you will expect in each class. You might also want to check out Computer
    Learning Centers that have classes designed especially for the 70-271
    and 70-272 exams. Good Luck!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 19, 2007

  3. cjs02

    RemoteShark Guest

    Like Mr. Alligood has said...continued. The trainer should be MCT certified
    and also have the MCDST credential to start with. In my opinion, Classroom
    led courses should be good in the way of one on one interaction, but they are
    very very expensive. Your better off just buying the 70-271 & 70-272 MSPress
    Book (Self Study with CDROM), then buying some online led study videos
    (CBTNuggets.com or LearnKey.com), the hands -on experience you have and a
    whole lot of motivation to get you going. You'll still be cheaper. I think no
    matter what you do in the path to get your first MCP or second, is that the
    knowledge that you will learn, should help you in your current employment if
    you are already working in IT. You should become more confident in your job
    and feel that you are on the right path to proving your IT skills. Nothing
    will go to waste and a positive attitude to attain your first MCP will prove
    success, although sometimes if we fail, we are actually still learning. Some
    people see failing as an excuse to giving up, but that not what human's were
    made for. If you are determined to get what you want, then you have the power
    to attain it be all means (going over, going under and hitting it hard with
    all your might) At the end of the day, the more exam questions you can study
    and answer correctly, the greater the chance that you will pass the exam.
    Don't concentrate on just passing the exam either. Aim to do the best you
    can, overlooking the 700point mark, actually AIM for 1000points and give it
    your best shot. If it doesn't work out, hey thats life! You have the exam
    insurance and by God you are going to get it next round, because 1. you sat
    the exam 2. you saw what was asked in the exam 3. the fear you had is now
    gone 4. you know what your week at. Many people have different opinions about
    which exam is the easiest of the MCDST series, you can decide for yourself,
    after you have passed both. Regardless of which one you begin, it lies with
    determination to pass any exam, regardless if it was hard or not. That is
    like building a Ship for the rough/deep ocean and admiring it everyday, in
    the bay; well that's not what Ships were made for or, so again whatever you
    do in the path of any MCP, having the right attitude/purpose and materials
    will prove success.

    Best of Luck!
    RemoteShark

    RemoteShark, Feb 20, 2007
  4. cjs02

    cjs02 Guest

    THanks everyone for the input. So to paraphrase the credentials an
    instructor should hold is MCT MCDST?

    cjs02, Feb 20, 2007
  5. Although my brother in Canada (Montreal M) will give me paper cuts with
    my own certification for saying this; no. Your instructor does not need
    to have the MCT status to teach the class. However, I would recommend
    that s/he have at least tested out on the subject; or have a *VERY*
    strong knowledge of the objectives listed by Microsoft.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 20, 2007