    Spell Check.

    Thanks in advance
    Denny B

    Denny B, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Denny B wrote:
    > I recently purchased a new computer and to
    > my surprise Spell Check is not enabled in Outlook.
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home, is it possible to enable
    > Spell Check.

    I don't really use those programs (crosses heart) but I believe if you
    install a program like Word that has spell checker you'll get what
    you're after.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 1, 2006

  3. Denny B

    Sunny Guest

    "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased a new computer and to
    > my surprise Spell Check is not enabled in Outlook.
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home, is it possible to enable
    > Spell Check.

    Install Microsoft Word, or :
    Spell Checkers: (free)
    http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/
    http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html
    Spell Checkers: (purchase)
    http://www.spellchecker.com/personal/
    http://www.alcodasoftware.com/spell-magic.htm.

    Sunny, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Denny B wrote:

    > I recently purchased a new computer and to
    > my surprise Spell Check is not enabled in Outlook.
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home, is it possible to enable
    > Spell Check.

    Others have answered the "why". However, if you don't want to purchase
    Word or Office, you have the option to use a free, modern email client
    with spell checking built in. Thunderbird does, for example.

    http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 1, 2006
  5. Denny B

    Margolotta Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:36:26 +0100, Rôgêr wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Denny B wrote:
    >> I recently purchased a new computer and to
    >> my surprise Spell Check is not enabled in Outlook.
    >>
    >> I have Windows XP Home, is it possible to enable
    >> Spell Check.

    > I don't really use those programs (crosses heart) but I believe if you
    > install a program like Word that has spell checker you'll get what
    > you're after.

    Note the OP said "Outlook", NOT "Outlook Express". If spell check isn't
    working in Outlook then there's something up with his Office installation.

    Margolotta, Jun 1, 2006
  6. Margolotta wrote:

    > On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:36:26 +0100, Rôgêr wrote
    >
    >> Denny B wrote:
    >>> I recently purchased a new computer and to my surprise Spell Check
    >>> is not enabled in Outlook.
    >>>
    >>> I have Windows XP Home, is it possible to enable Spell Check.

    >> I don't really use those programs (crosses heart) but I believe if
    >> you install a program like Word that has spell checker you'll get
    >> what you're after.

    > Note the OP said "Outlook", NOT "Outlook Express". If spell check
    > isn't working in Outlook then there's something up with his Office
    > installation.

    When they say just Outlook, you can never really be sure, unless you
    ask.

    Cast a pox on Sir Bill for using the same word to name two different
    applications. I'll allow you to use the same pox you used on the guys
    who named Java and JavaScript. ;-)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 1, 2006
  7. Howdy!

    "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased a new computer and to
    > my surprise Spell Check is not enabled in Outlook.

    Outlook or Outlook Express?

    If Outlook, finish installing the rest of the Microsoft Office
    Suite.

    If Outlook Express, you need a 32-bit spelling checker installed.
    One is at http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/ (note: GeoCities site, I
    presume popus galore - I didn't see any, but I've browbeat my browser to
    where it doesn't allow popups from GeoCities anymore.)

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jun 1, 2006
  8. Denny B

    Jim Guest

    Wrong Wrong Wrong
    You can install different parts of office

    Jim, Jun 1, 2006
  9. Denny B

    fmav Guest

    SYMPTOMS
    When you try to check the spelling in a message in Outlook Express 5,
    5.01, or 5.5, you may receive the following error message:
    An error occurred while the spelling was being checked.
    When you click Send, and the Always check spelling before sending
    check box is selected in the Options dialog box, you may receive the
    following error message:
    The spell check on this document was halted. Do you want to send
    anyway?
    CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
    • The value data for the SharedFilesDir registry value does not
    contain a trailing backslash (\) in the following registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools
    Absence of this trailing backslash prevents location of the
    Csapi3t1.dll file and causes the spelling checker not to function
    correctly.
    • The Csapi3t1.dll file is missing or damaged. The Csapi3t1.dll
    file is located in the Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
    Shared\Proof folder,
    • The Mssp232.dll or Mssp2_en.lex file is missing or damaged.
    RESOLUTION
    WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious
    problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result
    from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your
    own risk.

    To resolve this issue, use Registry Editor to verify that the value
    data in the SharedFilesDir registry value contains a trailing
    backslash:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedt32, and then click OK.
    2. Double-click to expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, expand
    the Software folder, and then expand the Microsoft folder.
    3. Double-click to expand the Shared Tools folder, and then click
    the SharedFilesDir value.
    4. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
    5. Type C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ in the
    Value Data box, and then click OK.
    6. Quit Registry Editor.

    This will do it fmav

    fmav, Jun 5, 2006
  10. Denny B

    Gordon Guest

    "fmav" <> wrote in message
    > SYMPTOMS
    > When you try to check the spelling in a message in Outlook Express 5,
    > 5.01, or 5.5,

    Umm XP Home comes with OE *6* not 5........

    Gordon, Jun 5, 2006