    The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs
    $1 each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand
    how you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    Don Quixote, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Don Quixote

    Alpha Guest

    "Don Quixote" <> wrote in message
    news:4d0se.62250$...
    > The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs $1
    > each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand how
    > you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    Compress them further.

    Alpha, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Don Quixote

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:51:42 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:

    >"Don Quixote" <> wrote in message
    >> The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs $1
    >> each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand how
    >> you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    >Compress them further.

    and you do that how?

    Mr. Moe, Jun 16, 2005
  4. On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:29:52 GMT, Mr. Moe <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:51:42 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Don Quixote" <> wrote in message
    >>> The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs $1
    >>> each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand how
    >>> you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    >>Compress them further.
    >>

    >and you do that how?

    Use DVD Shrink. It's free and works great.
    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Jun 16, 2005
  5. Don Quixote

    discogail Guest

    discogail, Jun 16, 2005
  6. Don Quixote

    Justin Guest

    http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

    Justin, Jun 16, 2005
  7. Don Quixote

    Biz Guest

    Why would you need to make backups of dvds that cost $1 anyway? You'll have
    as much in the copy.

    YOu can read all about how to do it if you want at:

    www.doom9.org
    www.videohelp.com
    www.digitalfaq.com

    Biz, Jun 16, 2005
  8. Don Quixote

    Super_Duper Guest

    Don Quixote wrote:
    > The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs
    > $1 each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand
    > how you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    Please do not make illegal copies. If you want a movie on DVD, BUY the
    DVD, do not violate copyright laws by making an illegal copy.

    Super_Duper, Jun 16, 2005
  9. Don Quixote

    Howard Guest

    Super_Duper <> wrote in news:UD7se.6101$pa3.2211
    @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

    > Don Quixote wrote:
    >> The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs
    >> $1 each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand
    >> how you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    > Please do not make illegal copies. If you want a movie on DVD, BUY the
    > DVD, do not violate copyright laws by making an illegal copy.

    Prove his intent was to make illegal copies, or crawl (silently) back into
    your hole.

    Although, I do find the question that was tendered valid...why make a
    backup of a $1 DVD? Onto what...a $1 DVD+/-R? That's stupid.

    . Cabal# 24601-fnord | Sleep is irrelevant.

    Howard, Jun 16, 2005
  10. Don Quixote

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:29:52 GMT, Don Quixote <> wrote:

    >The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs
    >$1 each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand
    >how you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    That's obvious.

    AZ Nomad, Jun 16, 2005
  11. Don Quixote

    GMAN Guest

    In article <2go.com>, Justin <> wrote:
    >Mr Moe wrote on [Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:29:52 GMT]:
    >> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:51:42 -0700, "Alpha" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Don Quixote" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>Compress them further.
    >>>

    >> and you do that how?

    >http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

    LMAO

    GMAN, Jun 16, 2005
  12. Don Quixote

    Brian Guest

    DVD shrink takes the typical DVD and allows you to duplicate it on the
    typical consumer-purchased DVD!!!

    Brian, Jun 17, 2005
  13. Don Quixote

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:06:13 GMT, "Brian" <>
    wrote:

    >DVD shrink takes the typical DVD and allows you to duplicate it on the
    >typical consumer-purchased DVD!!!

    Thanks much for the help :)
    Mr. Moe

    Mr. Moe, Jun 17, 2005
  14. Don Quixote

    Mark W Guest

    > The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs $1
    > each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand how
    > you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    You need a DVD player with an optional floppy disc drive for the extra data

    Mark W, Jun 18, 2005
  15. Don Quixote

    Michael B. Guest

    Mark W wrote:
    > "Don Quixote" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs $1
    >>each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand how
    >>you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    > You need a DVD player with an optional floppy disc drive for the extra data

    But make certain that it's the 5 1/4" floppy disc drive. The 3 1/2" are
    clearly inferior.

    Michael B., Jun 18, 2005
  16. Don Quixote

    Justin Guest

    Michael B. wrote on [Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:00:15 -0400]:
    > Mark W wrote:
    >> "Don Quixote" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>The 8.5GB DVDs are quite expensive. Even the DVDs at Walmart that costs $1
    >>>each sometimes has more than 4.7GB of data. I just don't understand how
    >>>you copy those DVDs to your 4.7 GB blank DVDs.

    >> You need a DVD player with an optional floppy disc drive for the extra data
    >>

    > But make certain that it's the 5 1/4" floppy disc drive. The 3 1/2" are
    > clearly inferior.

    3.5" discs aren't floppy, they're hard.

    Justin, Jun 18, 2005
  17. Don Quixote

    Large Farva Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Michael B. wrote on [Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:00:15 -0400]:
    >> Mark W wrote:
    >>> "Don Quixote" <> wrote in message

    >>> You need a DVD player with an optional floppy disc drive for the extra
    >>> data
    >>>

    >> But make certain that it's the 5 1/4" floppy disc drive. The 3 1/2" are
    >> clearly inferior.

    > 3.5" discs aren't floppy, they're hard.

    Actually, the media IS floppy. It's the case that's hard.

    Large Farva, Jun 18, 2005
  18. Don Quixote

    Justin Guest

    Large Farva wrote on [Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:40:30 GMT]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Michael B. wrote on [Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:00:15 -0400]:

    >>> But make certain that it's the 5 1/4" floppy disc drive. The 3 1/2" are
    >>> clearly inferior.

    >> 3.5" discs aren't floppy, they're hard.

    > Actually, the media IS floppy. It's the case that's hard.

    Well done. You do realise that that was a comment in keeping with the
    whole using a floppy disc for extra DVD data...

    Justin, Jun 18, 2005
  19. Don Quixote

    Large Farva Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Large Farva wrote on [Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:40:30 GMT]:
    >>
    >> "Justin" <> wrote in message

    >>> 3.5" discs aren't floppy, they're hard.

    >> Actually, the media IS floppy. It's the case that's hard.

    > Well done. You do realise that that was a comment in keeping with the
    > whole using a floppy disc for extra DVD data...

    Don't matter. Fact is fact.

    Large Farva, Jun 18, 2005
  20. Don Quixote

    Justin Guest

    Large Farva wrote on [Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:25:05 GMT]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Large Farva wrote on [Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:40:30 GMT]:
    >>>
    >>> "Justin" <> wrote in message

    >>> Actually, the media IS floppy. It's the case that's hard.

    >> Well done. You do realise that that was a comment in keeping with the
    >> whole using a floppy disc for extra DVD data...

    > Don't matter. Fact is fact.

    And moron is moron.

    Justin, Jun 18, 2005