! How do you converst an ISO file to a file that can be extracted to my hard drive, and installed t

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gabriel Rapture, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. Hey there,

    I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
    I need to be ready when they get here.

    I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
    teach me how to speak Spanish.

    Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
    won't be able to convert this file to a CD.

    What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    there?

    The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
    the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
    or the one.

    GHWB

    Gabriel Rapture, Sep 2, 2006

  2. Gabriel Rapture

    Mike Easter Guest

    Re: <snip> convert ISO

    Gabriel Rapture wrote:

    > What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    > change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    > there?

    Tons of shareware programs. You'll have to search them to find a free
    one.

    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/avi-convert-iso.html

    Some extractors will open/extract iso/s

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 2, 2006

  3. Gabriel Rapture

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: Gabriel Rapture <> wrote:

    > What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    > change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    > there?

    Microsoft has an unsupported utility which you can point at an ISO
    file and it will allow you to access files on it as if it was in a drive:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...d58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Sep 2, 2006
  4. Gabriel Rapture

    Mike Easter Guest

    Re: <snip> convert ISO

    > Gabriel Rapture wrote:
    >
    >> What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information
    >> and change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and
    >> run from there?

    Description of Bert's link's file
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpvirtualcd.html Free virtual CD
    ROM for Windows XP 2.1

    Another free virtual CD for more versions of Win
    http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm MagicDisc
    is freeware. allows you to use almost all CD/DVD image without burning
    them onto CD or DVD in order to easily access your favorite games,
    music, or software programs ---- It works like a real CD/DVD-ROM:

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 2, 2006
  5. Gabriel Rapture

    doS Guest

    right click, extract to...........

    doS, Sep 2, 2006
  6. Gabriel Rapture wrote:
    > Hey there,
    >
    > I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
    > I need to be ready when they get here.

    When? I already have to press a button on the phone to hear some menus
    in English. When is now.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2006
  7. Gabriel Rapture

    Guest

    , Sep 3, 2006
  8. Gabriel Rapture

    Flyer Guest

    > Hey there,
    >
    > I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
    > I need to be ready when they get here.
    >
    > I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
    > teach me how to speak Spanish.
    >
    > Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
    > won't be able to convert this file to a CD.
    >
    > What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    > change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    > there?
    >

    > The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
    > the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
    > or the one.

    grab a copy of either Winrar or Isobuster.

    P.

    Flyer, Sep 3, 2006
  9. Gabriel Rapture

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:03:27 -0500, Gabriel Rapture <> wrote:

    >Hey there,
    >
    >I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
    >I need to be ready when they get here.
    >
    >I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
    >teach me how to speak Spanish.
    >
    >Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
    >won't be able to convert this file to a CD.

    Write CD Read Only?

    >What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    >change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    >there?

    Use the write ability to burn the ISO to CD, or use Winrar or ISO buster.

    >The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
    >the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
    >or the one.
    >
    >GHWB

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Sep 3, 2006
  10. Gabriel Rapture

    Fat Ass Fred Guest

    On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 23:41:44 +1000, Barry OGrady
    <> wrote:

    >>What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    >>change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    >>there?

    >Use the write ability to burn the ISO to CD, or use Winrar or ISO buster.

    Or MagicISO, which allows you to add custom boot sectors that'll boot
    multiple operating systems and put a menu up, etc.... Or even better,
    PURCHASE A LEGAL COPY OF THE PROGRAM.....

    Fat Ass Fred, Sep 3, 2006
  11. Gabriel Rapture

    cuntbubble Guest

    "Flyer" <> jizzed:

    >"Gabriel Rapture" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey there,
    >>
    >> I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
    >> I need to be ready when they get here.
    >>
    >> I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
    >> teach me how to speak Spanish.
    >>
    >> Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
    >> won't be able to convert this file to a CD.
    >>
    >> What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
    >> change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
    >> there?
    >>

    >> The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
    >> the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
    >> or the one.
    >>

    >grab a copy of either Winrar or Isobuster.

    Does WinRAR extract files from ISOs? I once used ISObuster, but now
    use PowerISO - it allows one to either extract the files or mount the
    ISO - quality.
    www.poweriso.com/
    ___ _
    / __\ _ _ _ __ | |_
    / / | | | || '_ \ | __|
    / /___ | |_| || | | || |_
    \____/ \__,_||_| |_| \__|

    ___ _ _ _
    / __\ _ _ | |__ | |__ | | ___
    /__\//| | | || '_ \ | '_ \ | | / _ \
    / \/ \| |_| || |_) || |_) || || __/
    \_____/ \__,_||_.__/ |_.__/ |_| \___|

    cuntbubble, Sep 6, 2006
  12. Gabriel Rapture

    Fat Ass Fred Guest

    On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 23:38:01 GMT, cuntbubble <>
    wrote:

    >>grab a copy of either Winrar or Isobuster.

    >Does WinRAR extract files from ISOs? I once used ISObuster, but now
    >use PowerISO - it allows one to either extract the files or mount the
    >ISO - quality.
    >www.poweriso.com/

    Yes, for the times when I don't feel like launching Magic ISO, and I'm
    extracting an ISO image from a multi-part ZIP file, WinRAR extract the
    files inside the ISO image nicely, then, I just double-click on
    setup.exe or run it from the start button.... I used to use ISO
    Buster, its good for extracting the boot sector of Windows/XP disk,
    where as Magic ISO doesn't quite save it in the right format to allow
    you to combine it with other operating systems.... I need to look and
    see what new enhancements they've done on MagicISO. Last enhancement
    I've seen, they added Video CD's and Audio CD support Can't say I've
    ever seen PowerISO, have to look into it too...

    Fat Ass Fred, Sep 6, 2006
  13. Thanks for the help. :)

    All but one of the suggestions were excellent.

    I was able to get the ISO burned onto a CD even thought it was 794MB
    My cd-rom must have compressed it or something because it normally
    redlines around 700MB

    Then when I started up the Rosetta Stone program and it went to the
    CD-ROM to grab the language files it needed, it said they were the
    wrong version and wouldn't go any further.

    Is there any way to make a program accept a version of data files
    different than what it is seeking?

    After all the Spanish vocabulary hasn't changed much in the last two
    hundred years.

    Peace

    On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 06:52:28 -0500, Fat Ass Fred
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 23:38:01 GMT, cuntbubble <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>>grab a copy of either Winrar or Isobuster.

    >>Does WinRAR extract files from ISOs? I once used ISObuster, but now
    >>use PowerISO - it allows one to either extract the files or mount the
    >>ISO - quality.
    >>www.poweriso.com/

    >Yes, for the times when I don't feel like launching Magic ISO, and I'm
    >extracting an ISO image from a multi-part ZIP file, WinRAR extract the
    >files inside the ISO image nicely, then, I just double-click on
    >setup.exe or run it from the start button.... I used to use ISO
    >Buster, its good for extracting the boot sector of Windows/XP disk,
    >where as Magic ISO doesn't quite save it in the right format to allow
    >you to combine it with other operating systems.... I need to look and
    >see what new enhancements they've done on MagicISO. Last enhancement
    >I've seen, they added Video CD's and Audio CD support Can't say I've
    >ever seen PowerISO, have to look into it too...

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3E19B468C9B54529

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=560D293D2AC469FD

    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/103519011

    My Blog URL
    http://blog.myspace.com/103519011

    Gabriel Rapture, Sep 12, 2006
  14. Gabriel Rapture

    dadiOH Guest

    Gabriel Rapture wrote:

    > After all the Spanish vocabulary hasn't changed much in the last two
    > hundred years.

    Ya no hay "rr" e otras.

    --

    dadiOH