    reduced in size so much, they'd be much more appealing. Anyone know what I'm
    talking about? How do you decide "ok, this one is not getting resized any
    further?!"

    Jeffrey Stetz, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Jeffrey Stetz wrote:
    > Do you ever just decide to not care about the file size because if you
    > make
    > the photo itself any smaller it'll just lose all of its beauty? Sometimes
    > see photos that I think are too small to be appreciated, and if they
    > weren't
    > reduced in size so much, they'd be much more appealing. Anyone know what
    > I'm
    > talking about? How do you decide "ok, this one is not getting resized any
    > further?!"

    Welcome to the art call photography.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Nov 23, 2004

  3. That is part of the art of it, whether digital or straight film.
    Photography is still as much art as science. Different subjects
    require different resolutions. Different approaches do also. What
    are you trying to 'say' with the picture? There is almost no way in
    photography that you can get good final results without some
    experimenting. Sure, you will waste ink and paper sometimes. So
    what. That is part of the hobby.

    It is interesting to work with kids sometimes. They may pick a
    subject, or a point of view, that you think is crazy, but hey, the
    results are pretty good. I think we all need to be children sometimes
    and try different stuff, not worrying to much about what problems MAY
    occur with that approach, size, material, etc. Try it and see what
    happens. If the print isn't much good, can it. If it is, mount it.

    Don

    Don Stauffer in Minneapolis, Nov 23, 2004