    want it canceled but can't figure out how to? I tried contacting Skype
    but haven't gotten back any response.

    , Aug 16, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I'll be setting up a new Skype account and no longer need
    > my original Skype username. Since I cannot change it and
    > will no longer use it, I want it canceled but can't
    > figure out how to? I tried contacting Skype but haven't
    > gotten back any response.

    Looking at the help files it says that an account will expire after 180
    days of not being used. Just forget about it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 16, 2005

  3. Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I'll be setting up a new Skype account and no longer need
    > > my original Skype username. Since I cannot change it and
    > > will no longer use it, I want it canceled but can't
    > > figure out how to? I tried contacting Skype but haven't
    > > gotten back any response.

    > Looking at the help files it says that an account will expire after 180
    > days of not being used. Just forget about it.
    >
    > Ivor

    Actually the 180 day expiration only applies to SkypeOut minutes.
    There is also a time limitation after which a SkypeIn number expires.
    What I want to cancel is my Skype Name. I found I can delete it from
    my computer but I want also to cancel the account in Skype's database.

    , Aug 17, 2005
  4. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message
    > > > I'll be setting up a new Skype account and no longer
    > > > need my original Skype username. Since I cannot
    > > > change it and will no longer use it, I want it
    > > > canceled but can't figure out how to? I tried
    > > > contacting Skype but haven't gotten back any response.

    > > Looking at the help files it says that an account will
    > > expire after 180 days of not being used. Just forget
    > > about it.
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > Actually the 180 day expiration only applies to SkypeOut
    > minutes. There is also a time limitation after which a
    > SkypeIn number expires. What I want to cancel is my Skype
    > Name. I found I can delete it from my computer but I
    > want also to cancel the account in Skype's database.

    Ah, I missed that. Don't know then, have you tried emailing them..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > > <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Looking at the help files it says that an account will
    > > > expire after 180 days of not being used. Just forget
    > > > about it.
    > > >
    > > > Ivor

    > > Actually the 180 day expiration only applies to SkypeOut
    > > minutes. There is also a time limitation after which a
    > > SkypeIn number expires. What I want to cancel is my Skype
    > > Name. I found I can delete it from my computer but I
    > > want also to cancel the account in Skype's database.

    > Ah, I missed that. Don't know then, have you tried emailing them..?
    >
    > Ivor

    >From what I could figure out, Skype cancels all accounts after 72 hours

    inactivity. The account is reactivated on the next sign in, assuming
    you sign in with the old (or existing) Skype name. If I delete the
    Skype name from your computer and don't use it to sign in, the
    account is and remains canceled. I haven't tested it yet, but it
    looks like that's how it works.

    , Aug 17, 2005
  6. MaxUp78

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    ..It says here the whole procedure to clear your profile in searches, the cancellation itself however does not seem possible..
    [tecnics.it/en/news/v_guides-and-insights/internet/skype/delete-a-skype-account]

    MaxUp78, Aug 4, 2010