How do you burn the DVD image once it is encoded?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by mpomario, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. mpomario

    mpomario Guest

    I bought an IOMagic +/- DVD burner last week and am learning how to do DVD.
    I have burned hundreds of VCD and am having a hard time getting a DVD that
    will work. I have used Fuji +R's and +WR's, CompUSA -R's and all the
    Pinnacle products that came with it (of course it seems like it's all
    truncated software). I also have Nero version 5.5.9.16. Is the Pinnacle
    software Instant CD/DVD and Studio 8 good ware to use? I feel kinda silly
    considering I am a Video Production Professional and am finding this fairly
    frustrating considering how easy VCD was. I don't know if I am encoding
    (TMPGnc 2.54.37.135) it incorrectly or if my burning settings are to blame.
    I have downloaded some templates from dvdhelp.com.
    The files I have encoded play fine in WinDVD and look great but won't play
    from the burned DVD. I have had a couple with errors and ones that will just
    keep loading when played in a DVD player (Apex 3201 and an old RCA).
    Bottom line is all I think I need to do is just burn the files to disc, and
    make a couple menus. Instant CD/DVD isn't so instant as it always seems to
    reincode the file and even when it did it didn't play.

    Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance,

    mpomario, Sep 7, 2003

  2. mpomario

    sickness Guest

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 01:28:16 GMT, "mpomario" <>
    wrote:

    >I bought an IOMagic +/- DVD burner last week and am learning how to do DVD.
    >I have burned hundreds of VCD and am having a hard time getting a DVD that
    >will work. I have used Fuji +R's and +WR's, CompUSA -R's and all the
    >Pinnacle products that came with it (of course it seems like it's all
    >truncated software). I also have Nero version 5.5.9.16. Is the Pinnacle
    >software Instant CD/DVD and Studio 8 good ware to use? I feel kinda silly
    >considering I am a Video Production Professional and am finding this fairly
    >frustrating considering how easy VCD was. I don't know if I am encoding
    >(TMPGnc 2.54.37.135) it incorrectly or if my burning settings are to blame.
    >I have downloaded some templates from dvdhelp.com.
    >The files I have encoded play fine in WinDVD and look great but won't play
    >from the burned DVD. I have had a couple with errors and ones that will just
    >keep loading when played in a DVD player (Apex 3201 and an old RCA).
    >Bottom line is all I think I need to do is just burn the files to disc, and
    >make a couple menus. Instant CD/DVD isn't so instant as it always seems to
    >reincode the file and even when it did it didn't play.
    >
    >Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance,

    try upgrading to nero6?
    if u have 4x dvds: u gotta have the latest firmware for your burner..

    sickness, Sep 7, 2003

  3. mpomario

    Lily Guest

    Hi,
    Maybe you can try WinCopyDVD http://www.wincopydvd.com.It's easy to
    use, and can copy your DVD to VCD in 30 minutes with stunning audio
    and video qulity.No need special knowledge.

    Lily, Sep 8, 2003
  4. mpomario

    mpomario Guest

    Still haven't been able to burn a disc. I have tried files from MiniDV,
    Avi, Mpeg. I upgraded the firmware from optorite and still nothing. I
    uninstalled Nero to see if there was a conflict between the wares. Nothing.
    One question, in Nero what format do you use for DVD? Is it the UDF cdrom
    setting? There doesn't seem to be a specific setting for DVD in burning
    rom.

    mpomario, Sep 11, 2003