    Messages:
    1
    Hi guys, I’m new here! Just wanna say hello and hope to gain some experience from you. I wanna download some new music but my ipod is almost running out of space. I really don’t wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?
    jayceww, Apr 26, 2012

  2. jayceww

    amyfu

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it’s easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
    But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    amyfu, Apr 27, 2012

  3. jayceww

    gigiwill

    Joined:
    May 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    1. Connect your iPod, without launching iTunes .
    2. Open your iPod, right click and choose “Explore” then go to the control panel, Protable Media, and double-click your ipod .
    3. Go to Options (in the Tools menu), and on the View tab, check “Show Hidden Files and Folders”.
    4. Select songs and music and drop them to a folder on your hard drive.
    5. Go into iTunes Preferences, and under the Advanced tab, check “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” and “Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to the library”
    6.Add your files ,select file in iTunes and add folder to library and and select the folder where you copied the files from your iPod.
    If above can’t help you ,search a page “how to backup iPod music on PC” or “how to backup iPod music on Mac” may give you guides .
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    gigiwill, Jul 24, 2012
  4. jayceww

    lilywen

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    First of all pls make sure that ur iTunes is set to manually manage music. Then do it as the following dteps:

    1.Connect iPod to computer, go to my computer n double click iPod drive, choose "tools" --> “Folder Options”--> “View” --> select “Show Hidden Files & Folders”and click “OK”

    2.now right click “iPod Control” folder--> select “Properties”--> un-select “Hidden” and click “OK” --> select “Apply Changes To This Folder, Subfolder And Files” and click “OK” .

    3.Next, click “iPod Control” folder and open “Music” , did u see folders labeled F00, F01, F02, F03…? Now Place iTunes side by side w/ this window and make sure that “Music Library” is displayed.

    4.In iTunes select “Edit” --> Preferences-->Advanced, and put a check next to: “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” &”Copy Files To iTunes Music Folder When Adding To Library”, click “OK”.

    5.Last step, just drag and drop all of the “F” folders into “Music Library” of itunes.

    Done!

    This might be a little complicated but it definitely works well, and it’s totally free, better than u get a ipod transfer or sth like that. It works for both pc and mac users.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    lilywen, Aug 27, 2012
  5. jayceww

    wadeholiday

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I have also been able to transfer the songs I put on my Ipod to my computer & vice versa. As long as I purchased the songs with my account at Itunes, the newest version will recognize this and allow me to transfer the songs.That way, I have my whole library of music on my computer. I have also stored the library on an external drive as back up. And I always let Itunes update to the newest version. In the past it did not always recognize when you had made purchases in the past.
    wadeholiday, Oct 11, 2012