    Any one knows how to bind our IP to a domain name from godday.com?

    Thanks.
    , Sep 11, 2007

  2. Guest

    On Sep 11, 3:20 pm, wrote:
    > I sorta regret that I bought my domain from godaddy.com. I used to
    > use dnsexit. Dnsexit has a client IP updater that updates our IP at
    > regular intervals. That is very helpful, especially for people who do
    > not have static IP.
    >
    > But, godaddy does not seem to have such a client IP updater, and on
    > their website, they don't talk about how we can update our IP.
    >
    > It seems to me all they are talking about is domain forwarding, but
    > that's not what I want.
    >
    > Any one knows how to bind our IP to a domain name from godday.com?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Looks like this is not among their services. What they seem to do is
    provide dns service and site hosting.

    But, I want to host on my own computer. Too bad, I have signed up for
    2 years with godaddy.com. I do not care about the money, but my domain
    name.
    , Sep 11, 2007

  3. Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 11, 3:20 pm, wrote:
    > I sorta regret that I bought my domain from godaddy.com. I used to
    > use dnsexit. Dnsexit has a client IP updater that updates our IP at
    > regular intervals. That is very helpful, especially for people who do
    > not have static IP.
    >
    > But, godaddy does not seem to have such a client IP updater, and on
    > their website, they don't talk about how we can update our IP.
    >
    > It seems to me all they are talking about is domain forwarding, but
    > that's not what I want.
    >
    > Any one knows how to bind our IP to a domain name from godday.com?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Why not use a client like no-ip.com has, and point godaddy at your no-
    ip.com domain which will in turn forward you as necessary. Or keep
    using your dnsexit if you still have the service? As for godaddy
    exactly, I'm not sure they offer this. Judging from this post a few
    months ago on a different site, you are probably SOL without a bandaid
    solution such as above. Of course if you can't point at anything
    other than a real IP, that may hose you as well. Ditch godaddy or buy
    one of their hosting solutions I'm afraid if that is indeed the case.
    Sorry!

    P.S - I also searched their site and didn't find anything about what
    you are looking for.

    http://www.omninerd.com/2007/06/22/coffeeshop/61
    Trendkill, Sep 11, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Sep 11, 3:30 pm, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Sep 11, 3:20 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > I sorta regret that I bought my domain from godaddy.com. I used to
    > > use dnsexit. Dnsexit has a client IP updater that updates our IP at
    > > regular intervals. That is very helpful, especially for people who do
    > > not have static IP.

    > > But, godaddy does not seem to have such a client IP updater, and on
    > > their website, they don't talk about how we can update our IP.

    > > It seems to me all they are talking about is domain forwarding, but
    > > that's not what I want.

    > > Any one knows how to bind our IP to a domain name from godday.com?

    > > Thanks.

    > Why not use a client like no-ip.com has, and point godaddy at your no-
    > ip.com domain which will in turn forward you as necessary. Or keep
    > using your dnsexit if you still have the service? As for godaddy
    > exactly, I'm not sure they offer this. Judging from this post a few
    > months ago on a different site, you are probably SOL without a bandaid
    > solution such as above. Of course if you can't point at anything
    > other than a real IP, that may hose you as well. Ditch godaddy or buy
    > one of their hosting solutions I'm afraid if that is indeed the case.
    > Sorry!
    >
    > P.S - I also searched their site and didn't find anything about what
    > you are looking for.
    >
    > http://www.omninerd.com/2007/06/22/coffeeshop/61

    Hey, thanks. Now I use dyndns.org's free service and have a client IP
    updater for that. But the problem is, it does not look professional
    to be forwarded from mydomain.dyndns.org to my professional domain
    from godaddy.
    , Sep 11, 2007
  5. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Sep 11, 3:20 pm, wrote:
    > > I sorta regret that I bought my domain from godaddy.com. I used to
    > > use dnsexit. Dnsexit has a client IP updater that updates our IP at
    > > regular intervals. That is very helpful, especially for people who do
    > > not have static IP.
    > >
    > > But, godaddy does not seem to have such a client IP updater, and on
    > > their website, they don't talk about how we can update our IP.
    > >
    > > It seems to me all they are talking about is domain forwarding, but
    > > that's not what I want.
    > >
    > > Any one knows how to bind our IP to a domain name from godday.com?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > Looks like this is not among their services. What they seem to do is
    > provide dns service and site hosting.
    >
    > But, I want to host on my own computer. Too bad, I have signed up for
    > 2 years with godaddy.com. I do not care about the money, but my domain
    > name.

    Godaddy won't let you cancel even if you agree to pay them for the 2
    year contract?

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA
    Barry Margolin, Sep 12, 2007
  6. Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 11, 4:09 pm, wrote:
    > On Sep 11, 3:30 pm, Trendkill <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 11, 3:20 pm, wrote:

    > > > I sorta regret that I bought my domain from godaddy.com. I used to
    > > > use dnsexit. Dnsexit has a client IP updater that updates our IP at
    > > > regular intervals. That is very helpful, especially for people who do
    > > > not have static IP.

    > > > But, godaddy does not seem to have such a client IP updater, and on
    > > > their website, they don't talk about how we can update our IP.

    > > > It seems to me all they are talking about is domain forwarding, but
    > > > that's not what I want.

    > > > Any one knows how to bind our IP to a domain name from godday.com?

    > > > Thanks.

    > > Why not use a client like no-ip.com has, and point godaddy at your no-
    > > ip.com domain which will in turn forward you as necessary. Or keep
    > > using your dnsexit if you still have the service? As for godaddy
    > > exactly, I'm not sure they offer this. Judging from this post a few
    > > months ago on a different site, you are probably SOL without a bandaid
    > > solution such as above. Of course if you can't point at anything
    > > other than a real IP, that may hose you as well. Ditch godaddy or buy
    > > one of their hosting solutions I'm afraid if that is indeed the case.
    > > Sorry!

    > > P.S - I also searched their site and didn't find anything about what
    > > you are looking for.

    > >http://www.omninerd.com/2007/06/22/coffeeshop/61

    > Hey, thanks. Now I use dyndns.org's free service and have a client IP
    > updater for that. But the problem is, it does not look professional
    > to be forwarded from mydomain.dyndns.org to my professional domain
    > from godaddy.

    What I was suggesting, is going into Godaddy's domain forwarding and
    forward your proper domain to your dyndns hostname, which then has a
    client, and will always point to the right IP. While I agree that
    this is a band-aid solution, it should do until your contract
    expires. I would pursue cancellation and see if you can get any money
    back, but if not, you may want to do this as an in-between. I just
    logged in and it appears you can re-point to a hostname and not just
    an IP address, which should allow this solution to work nicely.
    Trendkill, Sep 12, 2007
  7. Guest

    On Sep 12, 7:16 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Sep 11, 4:09 pm, wrote:

    > > > Why not use a client like no-ip.com has, and point godaddy at your no-
    > > > ip.com domain which will in turn forward you as necessary. Or keep
    > > > using your dnsexit if you still have the service? As for godaddy
    > > > exactly, I'm not sure they offer this. Judging from this post a few
    > > > months ago on a different site, you are probably SOL without a bandaid
    > > > solution such as above. Of course if you can't point at anything
    > > > other than a real IP, that may hose you as well. Ditch godaddy or buy
    > > > one of their hosting solutions I'm afraid if that is indeed the case.
    > > > Sorry!

    > > > P.S - I also searched their site and didn't find anything about what
    > > > you are looking for.

    > > >http://www.omninerd.com/2007/06/22/coffeeshop/61

    > > Hey, thanks. Now I use dyndns.org's free service and have a client IP
    > > updater for that. But the problem is, it does not look professional
    > > to be forwarded from mydomain.dyndns.org to my professional domain
    > > from godaddy.

    > What I was suggesting, is going into Godaddy's domain forwarding and
    > forward your proper domain to your dyndns hostname, which then has a
    > client, and will always point to the right IP. While I agree that
    > this is a band-aid solution, it should do until your contract
    > expires. I would pursue cancellation and see if you can get any money
    > back, but if not, you may want to do this as an in-between. I just
    > logged in and it appears you can re-point to a hostname and not just
    > an IP address, which should allow this solution to work nicely.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks, and I think I did understand your suggestion, but if in *any*
    case mydomain.dyndns.org is visible to potential users of my website,
    I cannot take this domain forwarding as a solution.

    Either I forward from mydomain.dyndns.org to my godaddy domain or the
    other way round, there is no way you can hide mydomain.dyndns.org from
    the end users, right?
    , Sep 12, 2007
  8. Guest

    On Sep 12, 2:46 pm, wrote:
    > On Sep 12, 7:16 am, Trendkill <> wrote:

    > > > Hey, thanks. Now I use dyndns.org's free service and have a client IP
    > > > updater for that. But the problem is, it does not look professional
    > > > to be forwarded from mydomain.dyndns.org to my professional domain
    > > > from godaddy.

    > > What I was suggesting, is going into Godaddy's domain forwarding and
    > > forward your proper domain to your dyndns hostname, which then has a
    > > client, and will always point to the right IP. While I agree that
    > > this is a band-aid solution, it should do until your contract
    > > expires. I would pursue cancellation and see if you can get any money
    > > back, but if not, you may want to do this as an in-between. I just
    > > logged in and it appears you can re-point to a hostname and not just
    > > an IP address, which should allow this solution to work nicely.- Hide quoted text -

    > Thanks, and I think I did understand your suggestion, but if in *any*
    > case mydomain.dyndns.org is visible to potential users of my website,
    > I cannot take this domain forwarding as a solution.
    >
    > Either I forward from mydomain.dyndns.org to my godaddy domain or the
    > other way round, there is no way you can hide mydomain.dyndns.org from
    > the end users, right?- Hide quoted text -

    OK, just as I was replying to your post, I received a support response
    from godaddy.com. They do let us specify the IP address to point to.
    But it seems that you have to log into your account and do it
    manually.

    I have tried it and it is successful. But this is gonna be a big pain
    for people like me who do not have a static IP.
    , Sep 12, 2007
  9. Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 12, 3:06 pm, wrote:
    > On Sep 12, 2:46 pm, wrote:

    > > > What I was suggesting, is going into Godaddy's domain forwarding and
    > > > forward your proper domain to your dyndns hostname, which then has a
    > > > client, and will always point to the right IP. While I agree that
    > > > this is a band-aid solution, it should do until your contract
    > > > expires. I would pursue cancellation and see if you can get any money
    > > > back, but if not, you may want to do this as an in-between. I just
    > > > logged in and it appears you can re-point to a hostname and not just
    > > > an IP address, which should allow this solution to work nicely.- Hide quoted text -

    > > Thanks, and I think I did understand your suggestion, but if in *any*
    > > case mydomain.dyndns.org is visible to potential users of my website,
    > > I cannot take this domain forwarding as a solution.

    > > Either I forward from mydomain.dyndns.org to my godaddy domain or the
    > > other way round, there is no way you can hide mydomain.dyndns.org from
    > > the end users, right?- Hide quoted text -

    > OK, just as I was replying to your post, I received a support response
    > from godaddy.com. They do let us specify the IP address to point to.
    > But it seems that you have to log into your account and do it
    > manually.
    >
    > I have tried it and it is successful. But this is gonna be a big pain
    > for people like me who do not have a static IP.

    Yes, you can always change it manually, but I agree with your above
    assessment. Either deal with the re-pointing to dyndns which will
    have the update client and point to where you need, or get off of
    godaddy.

    Of course your best option may be to call your provider and ask for a
    static IP. They generally offer these for a small per month fee, well
    worth fixing this hassle.
    Trendkill, Sep 12, 2007
  10. Guest

    On Sep 12, 7:16 am, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Sep 11, 4:09 pm, wrote:

    > > > Why not use a client like no-ip.com has, and point godaddy at your no-
    > > > ip.com domain which will in turn forward you as necessary. Or keep
    > > > using your dnsexit if you still have the service? As for godaddy
    > > > exactly, I'm not sure they offer this. Judging from this post a few
    > > > months ago on a different site, you are probably SOL without a bandaid
    > > > solution such as above. Of course if you can't point at anything
    > > > other than a real IP, that may hose you as well. Ditch godaddy or buy
    > > > one of their hosting solutions I'm afraid if that is indeed the case.
    > > > Sorry!

    > > > P.S - I also searched their site and didn't find anything about what
    > > > you are looking for.

    > > >http://www.omninerd.com/2007/06/22/coffeeshop/61

    > > Hey, thanks. Now I use dyndns.org's free service and have a client IP
    > > updater for that. But the problem is, it does not look professional
    > > to be forwarded from mydomain.dyndns.org to my professional domain
    > > from godaddy.

    > What I was suggesting, is going into Godaddy's domain forwarding and
    > forward your proper domain to your dyndns hostname, which then has a
    > client, and will always point to the right IP. While I agree that
    > this is a band-aid solution, it should do until your contract
    > expires. I would pursue cancellation and see if you can get any money
    > back, but if not, you may want to do this as an in-between. I just
    > logged in and it appears you can re-point to a hostname and not just
    > an IP address, which should allow this solution to work nicely.

    I looked around at the setting in godaddy, looks like that I can have
    my godaddy domain aliased (CNAME) to mydomain.dyndns.org. I tried
    this and so far it's been working fine. I deleted the A Record.

    If this works, then I will be fine because I do have a client IP
    updater for dyndns.org.
    , Sep 13, 2007
  11. hostmaama

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Same problem arrise

    I face the same problem. So i purchase the host from hostmaama.com . Now :lol:
    hostmaama, Jul 18, 2013
  12. hostmaama

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I faced the same problem. Thus i purchase the host from hostmaama.com. Now there is no such problem
    hostmaama, Jul 18, 2013