    Peabody Guest

    I mean - do they have a shutter, or is it all electronic?

    What's the sequence of events to take a picture?

    Peabody, Oct 13, 2012

  2. Peabody

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    Peabody <> wrote:
    >I mean - do they have a shutter, or is it all electronic?
    >
    >What's the sequence of events to take a picture?

    The OM-D has a mechanical shutter. I am unclear as to the role it
    plays--when you use "anti-shock", the shutter opens and the camera
    waits for a preset time before taking the picture, so that any
    vibration induced by the motion of the shutter can die down. So,
    the shutter can be open for (for example) 4 seconds before the
    "exposure" starts.

    I wish there was a way to close the shutter when changing lenses,
    instead of leaving the sensor bare.

    --
    Money is Speech
    Corporations are People

    Paul Ciszek, Oct 13, 2012

  3. Peabody

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2012, Peabody <> wrote:

    >I mean - do they have a shutter, or is it all electronic?

    Usually they have focal plane shutters. A few have leaf shutters. Just like
    film cameras.

    Don. www.donwiss.com/pictures/ (e-mail link at page bottoms).

    Don Wiss, Oct 14, 2012