    talk me into purchasing the 64 bit saying how much faster programs would
    work. Boy did I bite on that one. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    Vic, Dec 30, 2007

  2. Vic

    Theo Guest

    You need to be a little clearer about what you're wanting to do.

    There is only one version of Windows XP Professional x64.

    Theo, Dec 30, 2007

  3. Vic

    Vic Guest

    I want to get rid of XP Pro x-64 and go back to my old XP Pro 32 bit that has
    served me faithfully.

    Vic, Dec 30, 2007
  4. Vic

    Theo Guest

    Then delete the partition and install the 32-bit version.
    That is the only reversion approach available.

    Theo, Dec 30, 2007
  5. Vic

    Vic Guest

    I also now have no sound and no access to my documents, pictures and files.
    that I need.

    Vic, Dec 30, 2007
  6. Reinstall XP x86. If XP x86 originally came preinstalled on the computer
    then use your recovery cd or recovery partition. If you do not have any
    installation media you will need to purchase a retail full copy. An update
    edition cannot be used in this scenario.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 30, 2007
  7. Vic

    Vic Guest

    Thanks guys. Unfortunately my version is the upgrade so I'll be forced to
    purchase a new version. One of life's little speed bumps. I hope everyone has
    a GREAT 2008.

    Vic

    Vic, Dec 30, 2007
  8. If it is an upgrade edition, you upgraded from something. Put the something
    back on the computer and then your upgrade edition will work.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 30, 2007
  9. Vic

    Vic Guest

    Colin, I tried that and it won't install, it says I have a newer version of
    XP already installed and stops the installation. It may be time for some
    professional help but I will purchase a new stand alone XP Pro before I go,
    most likely from that 'E' store - chuckle.

    Vic

    Vic, Dec 30, 2007
  10. Vic

    Theo Guest

    You cannot install the 32-bit Windows XP over the 64-bit
    version. You must delete the entire 64-bit version and
    install a completely new installation of the 32-bit version.

    Theo, Dec 30, 2007
  11. Vic

    XS11E Guest

    Vic <> wrote:

    > Colin, I tried that and it won't install, it says I have a newer
    > version of XP already installed and stops the installation. It may
    > be time for some professional help but I will purchase a new stand
    > alone XP Pro before I go, most likely from that 'E' store -
    > chuckle.

    You're not going to be able to install XP from XP 64, you have to boot
    on the XP CD, delete the XP 64 partition and then install XP from
    scratch.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org

    XS11E, Dec 30, 2007
  12. It may not be enough to re-format the partition that the 64bit was on - you
    should remove it and re-partition your drive as you run the original
    installation. What Colin says, should work.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 30, 2007
  13. Don't install from the desktop. Boot with the XP upgrade cd, delete the
    partition, create a new one and format it and proceed. The upgrade edition
    Setup will ask you for the cd from your original Windows. Insert the cd for
    the old copy of Windows and then XP Setup will proceed.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 30, 2007
  14. Rather then delete the partition the OS is on, you may be able to just tell
    it to hide the partition. Then when you reinstalled the old one it would not
    see the partition and would go ahead and install it again.

    Dave

    David Manvell, Dec 31, 2007