  1. Mst

    Mst Guest

    Anyone can help on this?

    Mst, Sep 14, 2005

  2. Mst wrote:
    > Anyone can help on this?

    Sure.

    1. The question goes in the body of the message, not in the Subject
    header.

    2. You can't; if you don't want it distributed, don't post it.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 14, 2005

  3. Mst

    dadiOH Guest

    Mst wrote:
    > Anyone can help on this?

    OE
    Help

    Type in "deleting posted message"

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 14, 2005
  4. Mst wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Anyone can help on this?

    Generally, you can't. Once it propagates out into the world. it's there
    for all to see. However, if (and that's a BIG if) you cancel it
    immediately afetr posting, and your news server honors canel requests
    (most don't), there is a one-in-a-million chance it might work. In
    Outlook Express, find your post, highlight it, go to Message>CAncel
    Message. The chances of this actually working are slim and none, but
    good luck. A lesson to be learned is: be sure when you hit "Send", that
    you really want to send it.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    May a handful of oversexed toll booth attendants access your underpants

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 14, 2005
  5. Mst

    Mst Guest

    Can you be more specific? I don't understand the procedure given. Thanks.

    Mst, Sep 14, 2005
  6. Mst

    Willard Guest

    Willard, Sep 14, 2005
  7. Mst

    JANA Guest

    You should always include in the body of the message your question that you
    want to submit.

    Most of the time, you will not be able to delete the message. It is possible
    however that it may be able to be cancelled from your ISP's server before it
    propagates out over thousands of servers to the rest of the world. Once
    posted, the cancel command may not reach all the servers, and sub servers
    that it gets in to.

    In OE, highlight the message you posted. Then on the toolbar, click on
    Message, then click on Cancel Message. Then you can prey that it gets
    cancelled.

    When posting messages, let them sit in your Outbox for a while. Read through
    them, and carefully decide if you want them posted. Once posted, generally
    they are almost like they were engraved in a hard stone that is not
    accessible to destroy.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Mst" <> wrote in message
    Anyone can help on this?

    JANA, Sep 14, 2005
  8. Mst

    John Holmes Guest

    Mst blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Anyone can help on this?

    No.
    Once your message has been sent, it will be available on usenet for the
    next trizillion years.

    --
    Your mother was an egotistical dunce who joined a religious cult in a rest
    home.

    John Holmes, Sep 14, 2005
  9. Mst

    Old Gringo Guest

    Mst wrote:
    > Anyone can help on this?

    :)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Sep 15, 2005
  10. Mst

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mst wrote:
    Subject: how do remove a message sent to newsgroup?

    If you send a message to a newsgroup on a newsserver which does not
    propagate, an example is news.spamcop.net, and which honors cancels, an
    example is news.spamcop.net, and you can cancel it before others get it,
    then your cancel will work.

    If you send a message to a newsgroup on a newsserver which does
    propagate, an example is this group on 'usenet in general' newsservers,
    and/or you try to cancel a message with a newsserver which does not
    honor cancels and/or does not propagate cancels, then the message will
    be and/or have been distributed worldwide and you can't 'undo' its
    propagation, and your cancel will not work, or will not work
    significantly.

    In the 2nd par, it doesn't matter what OE sez when you use its cancel
    message function; that function just sends out a 'cancel message'
    message, which /does/ have an effect in the example in the 1st par, but
    does *not* have an effect or much of an effect in the example in the 2nd
    par.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Sep 15, 2005
  11. Mst

    JANATARD Guest

    JANA <> wrote:

    > You should always include in the body of the message your question
    > that you want to submit.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You fucking JANATARD. You didn't include the body of the
    message you were replying to, you ****-knuckled cuntfungus.

    --
    Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."

    JANATARD, Sep 15, 2005
  12. Mst

    Mst Guest

    Thank you to all your replies. That helps me to understand how it works.

    Mst, Sep 15, 2005
  13. Mst

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:53:16 -0500, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    >Mst wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Anyone can help on this?
    >>

    >Generally, you can't. Once it propagates out into the world. it's there
    >for all to see. However, if (and that's a BIG if) you cancel it
    >immediately afetr posting, and your news server honors canel requests
    >(most don't), there is a one-in-a-million chance it might work. In

    Terry Pratchett , Diskworld - Mort
    (rough paraphrase)
    Magicians have calculated the one-in-a-million chance happens 9 times
    out of 10.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 15, 2005
  14. Mst

    dadiOH Guest

    Mst wrote:
    > Can you be more specific? I don't understand the procedure given.
    > Thanks.

    1. Open Outlook Express

    2. Open Outlook Express's help

    3. Click on the index tab in help

    4. Type in "deleting posted message" and read the result

    dadiOH
    ____________________

    dadiOH, Sep 15, 2005
  15. why? wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    snip

    > Terry Pratchett , Diskworld - Mort
    > (rough paraphrase)
    > Magicians have calculated the one-in-a-million chance happens 9
    > times out of 10.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Me

    :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    May an arbitrary number of hypochondriac gangsters regurgitate vital

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 15, 2005