How Do People In Uruguay Connect DVD Players?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jean-Marie Vaneskahian, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. I want to burn "DVD-R" home movies and send them to my relatives in
    Montevideo Uruguay. Here are a few questions I have about how DVD
    Players work in Uruguay:

    I know Uruguay uses PAL-N and 220 Volts.

    1. Does the TV in Uruguay have to have RCA connectors for composite
    video and audio?
    2. What happens if the TV set in Uruguay does NOT have RCA connectors?
    Is there the equivalent of an RF modulator that broadcasts on channel
    3 like there is here in the United States? What type of connector
    does it use?
    3. Do I need to encode my home "DVD-R" movies in PAL? (easy to do with
    the computer)

    I can send them a region free DVD player from the United States that
    will play both PAL and NTSC and all the regions as well as plays back
    "DVD-R". My question is how will they connect it to their TV set?

    Again the only to connection types I really know of are the RCA
    connectors for video and audio and the 75 Ohm Coaxial F-Connector
    modulated signals. Can a DVD player in Uruguay be used if the TV does
    NOT have the RCA connectors?

    Thanks for any help,
    Jean-Marie Vaneskahian

    Jean-Marie Vaneskahian, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Jean-Marie Vaneskahian

    Biz Guest

    "Jean-Marie Vaneskahian" <> wrote in message
    > I want to burn "DVD-R" home movies and send them to my relatives in
    > Montevideo Uruguay. Here are a few questions I have about how DVD
    > Players work in Uruguay:
    >
    > I know Uruguay uses PAL-N and 220 Volts.
    >
    > 1. Does the TV in Uruguay have to have RCA connectors for composite
    > video and audio?
    > 2. What happens if the TV set in Uruguay does NOT have RCA connectors?
    > Is there the equivalent of an RF modulator that broadcasts on channel
    > 3 like there is here in the United States? What type of connector
    > does it use?
    > 3. Do I need to encode my home "DVD-R" movies in PAL? (easy to do with
    > the computer)
    >
    > I can send them a region free DVD player from the United States that
    > will play both PAL and NTSC and all the regions as well as plays back
    > "DVD-R". My question is how will they connect it to their TV set?
    >
    > Again the only to connection types I really know of are the RCA
    > connectors for video and audio and the 75 Ohm Coaxial F-Connector
    > modulated signals. Can a DVD player in Uruguay be used if the TV does
    > NOT have the RCA connectors?

    The question I cannot help asking is why dont you ask your Uruguayan
    relatives, since they are the ones you will be sending the stuff to?

    Biz, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Biz you ask a valid question. This is going to be a surprise for them
    when I go visit. I wanted to cover my bases before I got there in
    late October. I am just not sure if they have a TV with Both RF and
    AV RCA inputs or just RF. If it is just RF do they then need a
    special PAL modulator?

    Jean-Marie Vaneskahian, Aug 19, 2004