    I use Win XP Pro.

    Thanks.
    Geo.
    NoOne, Jul 10, 2003

  2. NoOne

    Ionizer Guest

    You'll need the .cue file associated with that .bin file. This is how to
    burn it using Nero- EasyCD must have a similar procedure:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/nerobin.htm If you don't have the cue file you can
    apparently create one yoursel, but don't ask me how. Another alternative if
    you don't have the cue file is:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/download.php

    HTH,
    Ian.

    "NoOne" <> wrote in message
    > I just downloaded a game from Kazaa, but it's a BIN file.
    > Can anyone tell me....
    > How do I get it onto a CD-R so I can play it?
    > And, which program do I use?
    >
    > I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and CloneCD installed. Are these any good

    for

    Ionizer, Jul 10, 2003

  3. NoOne

    Ionizer Guest

    "paul s" <> wrote in message
    > Ionizer wrote:
    >
    > > You'll need the .cue file associated with that .bin file. This is how

    > > burn it using Nero- EasyCD must have a similar procedure:
    > > http://www.dvdrhelp.com/nerobin.htm If you don't have the cue file you
    > > can
    > > apparently create one yoursel, but don't ask me how.

    > A nero .cue file looks like:
    >
    > FILE "filename.bin" BINARY
    > TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
    > INDEX 01 00:00:00
    > POSTGAP 00:02:00
    > --
    > Paul S

    It's that simple? I knew I'd seen info on it previously and tried to find a
    link before responding to the original poster but couldn't locate one. I
    thought it was slightly more complicated than that, somehow. Could you
    possibly provide a helpful instructional link? I always like to pretend
    that I grasp the "why" before I try new things.

    Thanks,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Jul 10, 2003
  4. NoOne

    paul s Guest

    Ionizer wrote:

    > "paul s" <> wrote in message
    >> Ionizer wrote:
    >>
    >> > You'll need the .cue file associated with that .bin file. This is how

    >> > burn it using Nero- EasyCD must have a similar procedure:
    >> > http://www.dvdrhelp.com/nerobin.htm If you don't have the cue file you
    >> > can
    >> > apparently create one yoursel, but don't ask me how.

    >> A nero .cue file looks like:
    >>
    >> FILE "filename.bin" BINARY
    >> TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
    >> INDEX 01 00:00:00
    >> POSTGAP 00:02:00
    >> --
    >> Paul S

    > It's that simple? I knew I'd seen info on it previously and tried to find
    > link before responding to the original poster but couldn't locate one. I
    > thought it was slightly more complicated than that, somehow. Could you
    > possibly provide a helpful instructional link? I always like to pretend
    > that I grasp the "why" before I try new things.

    Try these:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm
    http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_usingnero_bincue.php

    A .cue file just tells Nero, what .bin file to use, what mode to burn the CD
    in, and how to layout the CD.

    BTW that above sample .cue file was pulled from a Linux CD image file I
    downloaded weeks ago.

    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 10, 2003
  5. NoOne

    Ionizer Guest

    Many thanks, Paul. I've filed those pages away for future (soon!)
    reference.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 10, 2003
  6. NoOne

    sethra Guest

    "NoOne" <> wrote in

    > I just downloaded a game from Kazaa, but it's a BIN file.
    > Can anyone tell me....
    > How do I get it onto a CD-R so I can play it?
    > And, which program do I use?
    >
    > I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and CloneCD installed. Are these any
    > good for this job?
    > I use Win XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Geo.

    If you don't have the corresponding .cue file, ISOBust it and burn the
    contents of the image manually, just like a regular data cd.

    ISOBuster
    http://www.isobuster.com

    HTH

    --
    ~sethra
    sethra, Jul 11, 2003
  7. >
    > "NoOne" <> wrote in message
    >> I just downloaded a game from Kazaa, but it's a BIN file.
    >> Can anyone tell me....
    >> How do I get it onto a CD-R so I can play it?
    >> And, which program do I use?
    >>
    >> I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and CloneCD installed. Are these
    >> any good

    > for
    >> this job?
    >> I use Win XP Pro.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> Geo.

    What you need to do in a situation such as this is to carefully open the BIN
    wrapper and remove its contents. Then follow package instructions.

    Sonnsa
    Sonnsa Beechis, Jul 11, 2003