    if you msn messenger, add me and lets talk !

    If you like to email, email me:

    Thanks for the Help

    =?Utf-8?B?Z29kemdyYWNlMTk3Mw==?=, Jul 20, 2005

  2. You don't.
    You need to buy the full version currently available at various locations
    and probably at a computer store near you.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 20, 2005

  3. You can purchase the rtm OEM edition in the store on PlanetAMD64. Last I
    looked it was $155 and will no doubt include a piece of hardware.

    If your trial is the rtm edition and not a beta, you should be able to
    change the product key by running the activation wizard, etc.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 20, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Z29kemdyYWNlMTk3Mw==?=

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Is it possible to do a Repair Install with x64? I haven't tried it.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 20, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Z29kemdyYWNlMTk3Mw==?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Harry.

    Yes, it is possible to do a Repair Install with x64. I've done it. I first
    downloaded x64 from MSDN and installed that version. Then I burned a CD
    from the MSDN DVD and did an "in-place upgrade" with that. It's just like
    an in-place upgrade of Win2K or WinXP x86.

    In fact, I did it more than once. :>( At about the same time, I bought my
    first SATA HD (Maxtor 120) and retired my "humongous" 9GB IBM SCSI HD that
    had been my boot device since Win95. Migrating from a dual-boot with WinXP
    (32) on the SCSI and x64 on an EIDE HD, to a dual-boot with WinXP x64 as the
    prime OS on the SATA and x86 on an EIDE, was an adventure that involved many
    false starts. (Most of them, though, were related to trying to in-place
    upgrade the 32-bit WinXP from my old RTM WinXP + SP1 + SP2 to the integrated
    WinXP+SP2 version from MSDN. That runs now, but not as smoothly as it did
    back in May before I started this round of migrations.)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 20, 2005
  6. You can unlock it by purchasing the full version from any of the following
    outlets such newegg.com, ncix.com or directron, but you have to do a repair
    install, OEM Editions cannot upgrade trials, but if you take offer on
    Microsofts TAP program which will exchange and deactivate your 32-bit
    Windows XP Professional license for XP Professional x64, you will be able to
    do the upgrade.

    Volume License and MSDN Editions can also do the upgrades from the trial.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Z29kemdyYWNlMTk3Mw==?=

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Thanks RC

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 20, 2005
  8. I have done it also. I works exactly the same as the 32-bit edition.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 20, 2005
  9. Activation of the WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to work.
    I downloaded it directly from msdn.microsoft.com/subscription and download
    the productkey, but didn't work it. When I activated by phone, the helpdesk
    answer, that unknown product.

    Ideas?
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?S29ybsOpbCDDgXJraQ==?=, Jul 27, 2005