    skinny. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks so
    much!
    -Kellenw
    kellenw, Apr 27, 2005

  2. On 27.04.2005 17:01 kellenw wrote

    > The config password was changed from the default and we are unable to
    > get into the system settings of the phone. Any suggestions on removing
    > or resetting the password? I believe the phones are currently using
    > skinny. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks so
    > much!

    search the cisco website (http://www.cisco.com for "password recovery
    7960".

    Arnold
    --
    Arnold Nipper, AN45
    Arnold Nipper, Apr 27, 2005

  3. kellenw

    Jonathan Guest

    "kellenw" <> wrote in message
    > The config password was changed from the default and we are unable to
    > get into the system settings of the phone. Any suggestions on removing
    > or resetting the password? I believe the phones are currently using
    > skinny. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks so
    > much!

    **#

    Jonathan
    Jonathan, Apr 28, 2005
  4. kellenw

    kellenw Guest

    Jonathan - Thank you kindly for your responce, but I tried **# already
    without success. Any other ideas?

    Arnold - I've searched the cisco online documents and FAQ's for hours
    upon hours and have unfortunately not found a solution, hence the
    reason I am asking here. Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless.
    kellenw, Apr 29, 2005
  5. kellenw

    kgreene1

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    San Leandro, CA, USA
    Similar issues on how to reset a 7960G

    Hi:

    I purchased a 7960G that seems to be firmware locked. I have tried the various passwords and access methods (**#, and # plus 123456789*0# at start-up) and I am not having any luck. I have tried to telnet to the set and I tried a number of passwords such as "Cisco", "cisco", "Cisco4321" as mentioned on the Cisco site for the 7960.

    The set seems to want to connect to a remote MGCP server at 64.2.21.61.

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks.

    Kevin
    kgreene1, Aug 4, 2007
  6. kellenw

    vshelom

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Same exact issue. I tried all the above steps and nothing. Some one please help, need the phone working today. Thank you in advance.
    vshelom, Oct 28, 2010