How do I undelete missing exif data?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jak bute, Jul 10, 2010.

  1. jak bute

    jak bute Guest

    My panoramas have been stolen by psychopaths who have removed the exif
    data. How can I restore the exif?

    Wimbledon, London, UK
    http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg

    Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
    http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg

    View from my rooftop, R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
    http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri

    -hb-
    (the REAL hummingbird)
    --
    "All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,
    jak bute, Jul 10, 2010

  2. jak bute

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:44:21 +0200, jak bute
    <> wrote:

    >My panoramas have been stolen by psychopaths who have removed the exif
    >data. How can I restore the exif?

    If they are yours, you have the original photos. Remove the altered
    photos and replace them.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 10, 2010

  3. On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:56:56 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

    > If they are yours, you have the original photos. Remove the altered
    > photos and replace them.

    Then shoot the physchopath!
    Orak Listalavostok, Jul 10, 2010
  4. jak bute

    krishnananda Guest

    In article
    <>,
    jak bute <> wrote:

    > My panoramas have been stolen by psychopaths who have removed the exif
    > data. How can I restore the exif?
    >
    > Wimbledon, London, UK
    > http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg
    >
    > Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
    > http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg
    >
    > View from my rooftop, R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
    > http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri
    >

    > -hb-
    > (the REAL hummingbird)

    Questions:

    1. Did you post these photos to these sites or did the psychopaths?
    1.(a) If not you, did you complain to the hosting site & request
    their removal?

    2. Do you have the original images, with EXIF, stored locally?
    2.(a) If so just re-post the images with the data intact.
    2.(b) If not then you can't re-recreate the data.

    3. Did you make the panoramas in Photoshop, which removes EXIF data in
    certain circumstances?
    3.(a) If so do you have the original images used to make the panos?
    3.(b) If so you still may have to re-enter the data since the final
    image is a composite and the data applies to one file at a time (I think)
    krishnananda, Jul 10, 2010
  5. jak bute

    Jacob L Guest

    wrote:

    >My panoramas have been stolen by psychopaths who have removed the exif
    >data. How can I restore the exif?
    >
    >Wimbledon, London, UK
    >http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg
    >
    >Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
    >http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg
    >
    >View from my rooftop, R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
    >http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri
    >

    >-hb-
    >(the REAL hummingbird)

    Now why on earth would anyone want to steal those. I feel ripped-off just
    by wasting my time in going to view them to see what the fuss was about.
    How can anyone steal something that has no value to begin with.
    Jacob L, Jul 10, 2010
  6. jak bute

    GMAN Guest

    GMAN, Jul 11, 2010
  7. jak bute

    Martin Brown Guest

    On 10/07/2010 19:53, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2010-07-10 09:44:21 -0700, jak bute <> said:
    >
    >> My panoramas have been stolen by psychopaths who have removed the exif
    >> data. How can I restore the exif?

    Basically you cannot. But presumably you have the original full
    resolution images from which the online versions were made?

    It is quite likely that in a composite panorama image the Exif data will
    be stripped since exposures and time date stamps will vary.

    >> Wimbledon, London, UK
    >> http://bayimg.com/aANiGaAcf.jpg
    >>
    >> Pao de Acucar, Rio, Brazil
    >> http://bayimg.com/cAnIKaACF.jpg
    >>
    >> View from my rooftop, R. Piragibe Frota Aguiar, Rio
    >> http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsvfXri
    >>

    >> -hb-
    >> (the REAL hummingbird)

    > First, I have a feeling there might be more than one "hummingbird" in
    > the vast cyberworld.
    >
    > To clarify, are the images in bayimg.com links above, the allegedly
    > ripped off image.
    > Since the exif/iptc data has been stripped, your only options are to
    > replace the images, or demonstrate to bayimg.com you are the owner of
    > the images, and send them a take down order.

    If you are the copyright owner then you should still have the original
    full resolution panorama to prove it. The image quality on the copies
    you have pointed to is poor. I have occasionally been alerted to people
    using my images to sell things on eBay by folk who recognised one of my
    plants! Most people will desist infringing copyright if asked to do so.

    Showing the hosting site one of the original full images complete with
    all ex-camera EXIF information should be sufficient proof.

    The images you pointed to are of relatively low resolution and heavily
    JPEG compressed with optimised Huffman tables and IJG Q=75 (exactly) for
    luminance and Q~74 (symmetric, and not exact) for chrominance. This may
    well identify the tools last used to compress it for web display.

    > Then, since you care about your images, I would take greater pains to
    > protect them if you are going to have them available anywhere on the
    > internet. I would check on the terms of whatever photo sharing service
    > you might be using are, to see what rights you might have forfeited.
    > Them take the appropriate action.

    The question posed by the OP shows a profound misunderstanding of how
    digital data works. It isn't there any more so it cannot be undeleted.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown
    Martin Brown, Jul 12, 2010
  8. On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:44:21 +0200, jak bute wrote:

    > My panoramas have been stolen by psychopaths who have removed the exif
    > data. How can I restore the exif?

    I could put it back but I enjoyed hacking the GPS info out of it.

    *LOL*
    --
    Talk about F-Cars - www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=89702
    Ari Silverstein, Jul 12, 2010