    disconnect the router from my computer their is no wireless connection at
    all. It keeps saying that I need to make sure my wireless switch is on. I
    have a dell 6000 inspirion..anyone know how to help me?

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FjaWU=?=, Apr 5, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2FjaWU=?=

    Jim Guest

    "kacie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > OK,I am trying to establish a wireless connection. Internet works but when
    > disconnect the router from my computer their is no wireless connection at
    > all. It keeps saying that I need to make sure my wireless switch is on. I
    > have a dell 6000 inspirion..anyone know how to help me?

    The switch is also know as the radio button. Actually, there is a hardware
    switch and a software switch.

    The fine manual covers this issue.

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 5, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?a2FjaWU=?=

    BruceM Guest

    Have a close look at the "F" keys? On Toshiba it is on one of those as well
    as some models have a small slider switch on the front or side. (dif models)
    Some have the "f" key as well as the slider but haven't got the wireless
    card installed!!

    BruceM, Apr 6, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?a2FjaWU=?=

    Jim Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message

    > "kacie" <> wrote in message
    >> OK,I am trying to establish a wireless connection. Internet works but
    >> when I
    >> disconnect the router from my computer their is no wireless connection at
    >> all. It keeps saying that I need to make sure my wireless switch is on. I
    >> have a dell 6000 inspirion..anyone know how to help me?

    > The switch is also know as the radio button. Actually, there is a
    > hardware switch and a software switch.
    >
    > The fine manual covers this issue.
    >
    > Jim

    Well, I was wrong. The (no so) fine manual from Dell does not mention this
    button. However, the manual for the Intel wireless adapter does discuss how
    to turn the radio on and off.

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 6, 2007