How Do I turn off Auto-complete for typying in login names and passwords?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jerry Knight, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Jerry Knight

    Jerry Knight Guest

    Jerry Knight, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Jerry Knight wrote:

    > [nothing]

    Please write your question in the body of the post.

    Subject: How Do I turn off Auto-complete for typying in login names and
    passwords?

    What browser are you using? Since you didn't specify, assume Internet
    Exploder.

    Tools > Internet Options > Content tab
    Click AutoComplete button
    Uncheck: User names and passwords on forms

    Modern, secure browsers will have something similar.
    http://mozilla.org/firefox/
    http://www.opera.com/

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Jerry Knight

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:e1IMf.13951$,
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    > Jerry Knight wrote:
    >
    >> [nothing]

    > Please write your question in the body of the post.
    >
    > Subject: How Do I turn off Auto-complete for typying in login names
    > and passwords?
    >
    > What browser are you using? Since you didn't specify, assume Internet
    > Exploder.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Is THAT what happened to my Internet? Wow! I should have been paying more
    attention.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Jerry Knight

    Jerry Knight Guest

    Thank you very much.

    Jerry Knight, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:e1IMf.13951$,
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    >> assume Internet Exploder.

    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > Is THAT what happened to my Internet? Wow! I should have been paying more
    > attention.

    The Internet is exploding!

    "I saw it with my eyes, I heard it with my ears, and a bit of it fell on
    my head," said Chicken Little.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 27, 2006
  6. Jerry Knight

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:UUIMf.472389$,
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:e1IMf.13951$,
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    >>> assume Internet Exploder.

    >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>
    >> Is THAT what happened to my Internet? Wow! I should have been paying
    >> more attention.

    > The Internet is exploding!
    >
    > "I saw it with my eyes, I heard it with my ears, and a bit of it fell
    > on my head," said Chicken Little.

    LOL!! And OH the noise it will make when it finally goes down <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 28, 2006
  7. X-No-Archive: YES
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty [] has entered into
    testimony
    UUIMf.472389$

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:e1IMf.13951$,
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty spewed forth:
    >>> assume Internet Exploder.

    >> Is THAT what happened to my Internet? Wow! I should have been paying
    >> more attention.

    > The Internet is exploding!

    Sue Al Gore... after all, he invented the Internet ;)

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Feb 28, 2006