    is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
    trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!

    Warrior Poet
    Russ, Sep 13, 2009

  2. Russ

    Mike Easter Guest

    "Russ"
    <snip>

    >I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
    > week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
    > is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
    > trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!

    There are instructions for managing scripts and add-ons in your IE7 help
    section.

    "If you suspect that browser add-ons are affecting your computer, you
    might want to disable all add-ons to see if that solves the problem. --
    To disable all add-ons temporarily - Right-click the Internet Explorer
    icon on the desktop, and then click Start Without Add-ons."

    You can also manage your browser's configuration in Tools/ Options.

    You haven't yet described specifically what problem you are having. What
    problem are you having with which specific youtube link and what specific
    problem are you having with your Adobe Flash Player and what specific
    problem are you having with your Flash player update?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Sep 13, 2009

  3. Russ

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:18:07 -0700 (PDT), Russ wrote:

    >I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
    >week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice

    Really? After 2 or 3 times I may have asked for help....

    The player test page doesn't show anything?
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

    >is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm

    Turn off JS in some unnamed browser?

    >trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!

    You need JS for YT.

    The usual method of installing AFP on a webpage link is JS/Active X,
    unless you go to the manual download link.
    http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/instructions/
    General
    If you have installation questions or need help troubleshooting Adobe
    Flash Player, go to our Support Center.

    You could have done this yourself, takes less time then trying to
    install 5 times

    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html
    Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

    >Warrior Poet

    Me
    why?, Sep 13, 2009
  4. Russ

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:18:07 -0700 (PDT), Russ wrote:

    > I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
    > week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
    > is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
    > trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!
    >
    > Warrior Poet

    Did the flash player come from adobe.com?
    Chances are what you've done is downloaded something that is not flash at
    all which is why you're not seeing it listed.
    You may also need to reboot the machine before it will be finished.

    I've noted some sites insist you download the latest version of flash but
    if I don't see that link going to adobe, I don't touch it.

    You may want to install malwarebytes and let it scan for stuff.
    richard, Sep 13, 2009
  5. Russ

    chuckcar Guest

    Russ <> wrote in

    > I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
    > week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
    > is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do? I'm
    > trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!
    >
    > Warrior Poet

    Don't upgrade just because there's a new "version". The version numbers on
    free non-open source software rarely if ever has any bearing on the
    software running any better. If it works fine don't fix it. Try
    uninstalling 10 and getting 9 from Adobe.com. You uninstall java from
    add/remove programs in control panel. However if you have a problem with
    flash not working properly - on youtube.com for example - java will hae
    nothing to do with it. They are to entirely separate things. Flash is an
    extension of Microsoft's built-in scripting language whereas Java is a
    full programming language developed as on off-shoot of C.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 14, 2009
  6. Russ <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    > I must've downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10, 250 times in the last
    > week, because it doesn't take, and, apparently, the only other choice
    > is to turn Java Script off. Anybody know what I should do?

    Tools Needed: ball peen hammer, shotgun, axe, torch.

    I'm
    > trying to get me some YouTube, and this sticky wicket is in the way!
    >
    > Warrior Poet

    Apply the above tools with much force to the offending unit.
    Repeat as necessary.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Sep 14, 2009