How do I transfer saved photos/cartoons,etc..to e-mail page forfriends?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 4justice, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. 4justice

    4justice Guest

    Hi...........

    Have comp. w/Windows XP & have been sending
    various photos,cartoons, etc..from sites such as "Flickr" &
    "UdderNonsense" , etc...to file @ "My
    Pictures" via "send picture as...".
    I'm trying to transfer several of these saved
    photos into e-mails for friends , complete w/captions,
    with NO SUCCESS.

    I'm obviously new to this, & desperately need

    STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS ASAP, please. Got my 1st

    computer in Oct. '07 , so please instruct as though

    speaking to a 4th grader! (kidding, I hope)

    Eternally Grateful,

    "4justice"
    4justice, Apr 23, 2008

  2. 4justice

    dadiOH Guest

    Re: How do I transfer saved photos/cartoons,etc..to e-mail page for friends?

    4justice wrote:
    > Hi...........
    >
    > Have comp. w/Windows XP & have been sending
    > various photos,cartoons, etc..from sites such as "Flickr" &
    > "UdderNonsense" , etc...to file @ "My
    > Pictures" via "send picture as...".
    > I'm trying to transfer several of these saved
    > photos into e-mails for friends , complete w/captions,
    > with NO SUCCESS.
    >
    > I'm obviously new to this, & desperately need
    >
    > STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS ASAP, please. Got my 1st
    >
    > computer in Oct. '07 , so please instruct as though
    >
    > speaking to a 4th grader! (kidding, I hope)

    1. Open Outlook Express

    2. Write your email

    3. Click "Insert" up on the top row of things you can do

    4a. If you are sending your mail as text, click "File Attachment"
    4b. If you use HTML for mail click "Picture" OR "File Attachment". If you
    select "Picture" it will be inserted into the email message where the cursor
    is.

    5. Browse to wherever the file is.

    6. Click on the file

    7. Send the mail

    8. Click "help" (aka RTFM)

    9. Type "picture" into the window on the search tab (aka RTFM)

    10. Read (aka RTFM)

    11. Take a course as Lookout suggested.

    --

    dadiOH