    Maybe some company has a free way for customers to request free info by
    fax??

    Thanks!
    Julie P., May 9, 2005

  2. Julie P. wrote:

    > The last time someone tried to fax me something to my eFax number, I never
    > got the fax or email from eFax. So I just signed up for a new free eFax
    > number. Is there any way to test the number to see if I can receive faxes?
    >
    > Maybe some company has a free way for customers to request free info by
    > fax??

    National Prevention Information network
    For AIDS, STDs & TB
    800-458-5231
    www.cdcnpin.org
    Information, referal and technical assistance; 24 hour fax-back information.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 9, 2005

  3. Julie P.

    John Holmes Guest

    "Julie P." <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > The last time someone tried to fax me something to my eFax number, I
    > never got the fax or email from eFax. So I just signed up for a new
    > free eFax number. Is there any way to test the number to see if I can
    > receive faxes?
    >
    > Maybe some company has a free way for customers to request free info
    > by fax??
    >
    > Thanks!

    Buy a fax machine and send a fax to your efax number.

    --
    Your mother was a foul McDonalds employee who gave correspondence courses
    in the trailer parks of New Jersey.
    John Holmes, May 9, 2005
  4. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Julie P. wrote:
    >
    >> The last time someone tried to fax me something to my eFax number, I
    >> never got the fax or email from eFax. So I just signed up for a new free
    >> eFax number. Is there any way to test the number to see if I can receive
    >> faxes?
    >>
    >> Maybe some company has a free way for customers to request free info by
    >> fax??

    > National Prevention Information network
    > For AIDS, STDs & TB
    > 800-458-5231
    > www.cdcnpin.org
    > Information, referal and technical assistance; 24 hour fax-back
    > information.

    Thanks again Roger! Will try this.
    Julie P., May 9, 2005
  5. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > "Julie P." <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> The last time someone tried to fax me something to my eFax number, I
    >> never got the fax or email from eFax. So I just signed up for a new
    >> free eFax number. Is there any way to test the number to see if I can
    >> receive faxes?
    >>
    >> Maybe some company has a free way for customers to request free info
    >> by fax??
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > Buy a fax machine and send a fax to your efax number.

    another good idea! I do have a fax machine, but it can only send faxes, not
    receive them. And I do have an eFax number, but it can only receive faxes,
    not send them. A perfect match.

    The only thing is it will cost me to fax to my eFax number, and I cannot
    dial long distance on my phone line without using a calling card or access
    code. Don't know if that will screw up the fax.
    Julie P., May 9, 2005
  6. Julie P. wrote:

    > The only thing is it will cost me to fax to my eFax number, and I cannot
    > dial long distance on my phone line without using a calling card or access
    > code. Don't know if that will screw up the fax.

    No. Just pick up the handset and manually dial in the info for the
    calling card, when it's time to start the fax, hit "Send" and hang up
    the handset.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 9, 2005
  7. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Julie P. wrote:
    >
    >> The only thing is it will cost me to fax to my eFax number, and I cannot
    >> dial long distance on my phone line without using a calling card or
    >> access code. Don't know if that will screw up the fax.

    > No. Just pick up the handset and manually dial in the info for the calling
    > card, when it's time to start the fax, hit "Send" and hang up the handset.

    ok, I'll try this too.

    I will pick up the handset, dial the 800 number, enter my PIN, then enter
    the fax number when prompted. then hit "send".
    Julie P., May 9, 2005
  8. "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    > The last time someone tried to fax me something to my eFax number, I never
    > got the fax or email from eFax. So I just signed up for a new free eFax
    > number. Is there any way to test the number to see if I can receive faxes?
    >
    > Maybe some company has a free way for customers to request free info by
    > fax??
    >
    > Thanks!

    I wouldn't recommend that-- you'd get fax-bombed, even if they didn't sell
    your fax number, and you only get 20 free faxes per month. Instead, ask
    someone you trust to fax you something-- or do it yourself from a fax
    machine you have access to. A neighborhood small business person probably
    has a machine and will fax you a page, especially if you offer to pay the LD
    charge...

    If you have no access or no friends with access, worst case is go to Kinko's
    and pay a buck. You could also bat your baby blues at the counter dweeb and
    he'll probably do it for free;-)

    Doc
    J.H. Holliday, May 9, 2005
  9. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    "J.H. Holliday" <> wrote in message
    > "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >> The last time someone tried to fax me something to my eFax number, I
    >> never got the fax or email from eFax. So I just signed up for a new free
    >> eFax number. Is there any way to test the number to see if I can receive
    >> faxes?
    >>
    >> Maybe some company has a free way for customers to request free info by
    >> fax??
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > I wouldn't recommend that-- you'd get fax-bombed, even if they didn't sell
    > your fax number, and you only get 20 free faxes per month. Instead, ask
    > someone you trust to fax you something-- or do it yourself from a fax
    > machine you have access to. A neighborhood small business person probably
    > has a machine and will fax you a page, especially if you offer to pay the
    > LD charge...
    >
    > If you have no access or no friends with access, worst case is go to
    > Kinko's and pay a buck. You could also bat your baby blues at the counter
    > dweeb and he'll probably do it for free;-)
    >
    > Doc

    Thanks Doc! I will do so. I'm glad you warned me about the spam with efax. I
    will fax myself, or go to Staples, which charges only $1.

    Julie P., May 10, 2005