    the other installtion.

    The trouble is that I don't see any option to stop or exit AVG such
    that it stops working.
    Franklin, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Franklin

    donnie Guest

    On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:27:30 GMT, Franklin <> wrote:

    >How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?
    >
    >I want to install some other antivirus software which I am told AVG
    >will most probably object to. So I need to disable AVG while doing
    >the other installtion.
    >
    >The trouble is that I don't see any option to stop or exit AVG such
    >that it stops working.

    ########################
    You didn't say which OS you were using but try taking out of startup
    using msconfig. Uncheck it.
    donnie
    donnie, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Franklin

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Franklin

    Mike Guest

    On this great dayTue, 08 Mar 2005 17:27:30 GMT, Franklin
    <> wrote:

    ><How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?
    ><
    ><I want to install some other antivirus software which I am told AVG
    ><will most probably object to. So I need to disable AVG while doing
    ><the other installtion.
    ><
    ><The trouble is that I don't see any option to stop or exit AVG such
    ><that it stops working.

    I just right click on the AVG icon in my task bar and close the "centre
    from there. Admittedly it might not close it all down, but
    installations that require AV closures have not complained.

    Mike

    Pullout "stop" to reply by email
    Mike, Mar 8, 2005
  5. Franklin

    Casey Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On this great dayTue, 08 Mar 2005 17:27:30 GMT, Franklin
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > ><How do I temporarily disable AVG 7?
    > ><
    > ><I want to install some other antivirus software which I am told AVG
    > ><will most probably object to. So I need to disable AVG while doing
    > ><the other installtion.
    > ><
    > ><The trouble is that I don't see any option to stop or exit AVG such
    > ><that it stops working.

    > I just right click on the AVG icon in my task bar and close the "centre
    > from there. Admittedly it might not close it all down, but
    > installations that require AV closures have not complained.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > Pullout "stop" to reply by email
    >
    > that it stops working.

    try this little program and uncheck avg
    http://www.windowsstartup.com/
    I haven't tried it myself yet. I just read about it
    in another newsgroup.
    Casey
    Casey, Mar 9, 2005
  6. > ########################
    > You didn't say which OS you were using but try taking out of startup
    > using msconfig. Uncheck it.
    > donnie

    There might also be a service associated with AVG if I recall it
    correct, so check that out too for sure.

    Wim
    Wim Cossement, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Franklin

    Rodney Kelp Guest

    Run msconfig, click on startup and uncheck everything that starts with avg.
    then reboot the machine.

    Rodney Kelp, Mar 9, 2005
  8. Franklin

    charlie R Guest

    Enable the Control Panel, and disable the Resident Shield, and uncheck
    everything "AVG" in msconfig startup menu. The new AV might detect
    it, anyway, so you might have to uninstall AVG to install the new one.
    I found that to be the case.

    charlie R

    charlie R, Mar 14, 2005