How do I: Switchport port-security on Pix 501 Switch Ports

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bruce Meyer, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. Bruce Meyer

    Bruce Meyer Guest

    I have a bunch of remote fire stations on a nailed vpn over cable to
    our internal network. I need to be able to do something similar to
    what I do with switches:
    switchport port-security
    switchport port-security mac-address sticky

    These folks keep bringing in personal laptops that are virus/malware
    infected and putting them on our network.

    Does anyone have any idea on how I can control these switch ports on
    the 501?

    Some models actually show the switch ports, but the eraly models, don'/
    t even show the switchports on a 'sh int'

    Thank-you for any idea's.

    Bruce D. Meyer

    Bruce Meyer, Mar 7, 2007

  2. Bruce Meyer wrote:

    >Does anyone have any idea on how I can control these switch ports on
    >the 501?

    I don't think that's possible as the PIX 501 has an unmanaged switch in it.

    Regards

    fw

    Frank Winkler, Mar 8, 2007

  3. Bruce Meyer

    Bruce Meyer Guest

    On Mar 8, 4:09 am, Frank Winkler <> wrote:
    > Bruce Meyer wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone have any idea on how I can control these switch ports on
    > >the 501?

    > I don't think that's possible as the PIX 501 has an unmanaged switch in it.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > fw

    Rats'. it's a firewall, why would they include a switch that can't be
    managed.... Oh well.. :)
    --Bruce

    Bruce Meyer, Apr 25, 2007