    Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and other
    programmes which I don't want on start up.

    Sonia

    Sonia, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Sonia

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:

    > Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and other
    > programmes which I don't want on start up.
    >
    > Sonia

    What OS?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Sonia

    Sonia Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:
    >
    > > Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and

    other
    > > programmes which I don't want on start up.
    > >
    > > Sonia

    > What OS?

    Sorry XP pro

    Sonia, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Sonia

    DaveG Guest

    "Sonia" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > > Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:
    > >
    > > > Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax

    and
    > other
    > > > programmes which I don't want on start up.
    > > >
    > > > Sonia

    > > What OS?

    > Sorry XP pro

    Never heard of it ;-)
    try this-
    Type msconfig into the start-run dialogue then click on the startup
    tab and untick the programs you wish to disable from startup.

    --
    ATB-DaveG

    DaveG, Jul 7, 2003
  5. Sonia

    Ionizer Guest

    The first approach may be to right-click on or otherwise open up those
    programs and look in their options for a "launch at start-up" checkbox of
    some sort.

    Here's some helpful stuff on disabling services at boot up:
    http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 7, 2003
  6. Sonia

    Professor Guest

    Try going to the start menu and "run" and type in msconfig and see what is
    in the startup menu. Uncheck anything you don't want and you will be asked
    to reboot and what you unchecked should be gone. Windows will say you have
    changed things which you can also check so as not to see that again.

    Professor, Jul 8, 2003
  7. Sonia

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:00:39 +0000 (UTC), In this world we created
    "Sonia" <> wrote :

    >"Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Errrrr...erm... Sonia said:
    >>
    >> > Starting up when I log on in they go to my taskbar as my winfax and

    >other
    >> > programmes which I don't want on start up.
    >> >
    >> > Sonia

    >> What OS?

    >Sorry XP pro

    This small program adds a neat little Startup Icon to the Control
    Panel so you can disable what you like,
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
    More info here,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 8, 2003
  8. Sonia

    Sonia Guest

    "Professor" <> wrote in message
    > Try going to the start menu and "run" and type in msconfig and see what is
    > in the startup menu. Uncheck anything you don't want and you will be

    asked
    > to reboot and what you unchecked should be gone. Windows will say you

    have
    > changed things which you can also check so as not to see that again.

    You know what that was what I was looking for cheers.

    Sonia, Jul 8, 2003