    I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
    all of those types of operations.

    See there?

    John Breckenridge, Aug 13, 2005

  2. John Breckenridge

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "John Breckenridge" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
    > opens when I click on links.
    >
    > When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
    >
    > I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
    > from automatically opening?
    >
    > I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
    > all of those types of operations.
    >
    > See there?

    Why don't you follow the instructions previously provided and get RID of the
    winfixer problem, and get that PC updated to SP2, or stop going online
    altogether. You are putting others at risk by not fixing your system.

    Then worry about the little things.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 13, 2005

  3. John Breckenridge

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Read Tim's post.

    pcbutts1, Aug 13, 2005
  4. John Breckenridge

    pcbutts1 Guest

    For a better response ask your question here
    http://www.afrochat.net/forums/cmps_index.php your racist bastard.

    pcbutts1, Aug 13, 2005
  5. John Breckenridge

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Check out his headers.

    pcbutts1, Aug 13, 2005
  6. John Breckenridge

    Toolman Tim Guest

    OMG! <*PLONK*> (Thanks for the heads-up.)

    Toolman Tim, Aug 13, 2005
  7. John Breckenridge

    old jon Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Check out his headers.

    Yes. Nice innit ?. Organization: The Real Deal White Supremacist American
    Patriot.
    It`s idiots like this that create hate filled terrorists. Who the F*** does
    he think he is.

    old jon, Aug 13, 2005
  8. John Breckenridge

    Shawn Guest

    >I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
    > opens when I click on links.
    >
    > When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
    >
    > I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
    > from automatically opening?
    >
    > I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
    > all of those types of operations.
    >
    > See there?

    figure it out, you racist slob

    Shawn, Aug 13, 2005
  9. Good day mates,

    I have Windows XP Pro service pack 2 on my hard drive. Everyone says
    that I need to do a clean install. I will lose to much information on
    terrorists like you guys if I format my hard drive. I don't want to
    bother with trying to back up stuff.

    So if I can just load it over my original XP PRo and it will work OK,
    I would be willing to do that.

    I also bought Ad-Aware version 1.3

    I ran it and it found 400 plus errors that all the others missed.

    I also allowed the AdWatch program to be active for a few hours. When
    I closed it out yesterday afternoon, the "Winfixer.com" mess has
    mostly stopped.

    It has gone from popping up ever time I open a new website to popping
    up only a few time in the last 18 hours.

    Now I'm getting a new one called "Inquiwre" or some mess.

    I also have this "ploj.exe" varmint lurking in my task manager and I
    can't get rid of it.

    Peace

    John Breckenridge, Aug 18, 2005
  10. Yes it will work. I have done it.
    Miss Rawlings will be impressed.

    --
    Please do not laff at my uice off the english langwidge.

    harold potter, Aug 18, 2005