    2.2 p4
    winxp home sp1

    Thanks for your help.

    adl6009, Aug 19, 2003

  2. adl6009

    °Mike° Guest

    There is a policy to disable the recent documents menu, but
    I'm not aware of a way to list only specific file types.

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:23:27 -0500, in
    <Xns93DC883BDE306adl6009@216.196.97.132>
    adl6009 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 19, 2003

  3. adl6009

    °Mike° Guest

    Why are you telling *me* this? Please reply to the OP.

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:23:24 -0400, in
    <bhu17i$d6a$>
    you suck scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 19, 2003
  4. adl6009

    adl6009 Guest

    I think its in power toys where you can disable recent docs.
    That and deleting them just kinda defeats the whole purpose of
    what I am looking for.
    Thanks.

    adl6009, Aug 20, 2003
  5. adl6009

    JabberSmith Guest

    "adl6009" <> wrote in message

    > I think its in power toys where you can disable recent docs.
    > That and deleting them just kinda defeats the whole purpose of
    > what I am looking for.
    > Thanks.

    It's just a shortcut in your user profile:

    C:\Documents and Settings\user\Recent (for XP, similar for other OS)

    Make a batch file to delete only the MP3 files or whatever and leave the
    rest intact. Have it run on boot or some other interval you want.

    JabberSmith, Aug 20, 2003
  6. "adl6009" <> wrote in message
    > Especially mp3's. After a few songs all the recent documents
    > folder shows is the mp3's I just listened to. All the rest is
    > crowded out. Is there a someplace I can edit the list of file
    > types that gets included? How does windows decide what files
    > get listed?
    > 2.2 p4
    > winxp home sp1
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    This link tells how to turn off Recent Documents completely...

    http://tinyurl.com/kkba

    Other than that.. I think Jabber Smiths idea of a batch file is a good one.

    Read http://tinyurl.com/kkbo for a little tutorial on batch files....

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 20, 2003
  7. adl6009

    adl6009 Guest

    Hey this is getting closer now. The batch file thing is
    interesting. The links to the how to are absolutly essential.
    Maybe I should have named the thread "... stop specific
    entries..."
    But there has to be somewhere that tells windows what files to
    include in the recent docs folder.
    Thanks to all.

    adl6009, Aug 20, 2003
  8. adl6009

    Boomer Guest

    adl6009 said:

    > Hey this is getting closer now. The batch file thing is
    > interesting. The links to the how to are absolutly essential.
    > Maybe I should have named the thread "... stop specific
    > entries..."
    > But there has to be somewhere that tells windows what files to
    > include in the recent docs folder.
    > Thanks to all.

    Hi
    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others
    have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, Aug 20, 2003
  9. adl6009

    adl6009 Guest

    :

    Hey, when you are right you are right, I guess I am too used
    to that new web browser based BB where it automatically
    includes previous posts. Well at least you didn't flame me
    with the ugly profanity that so many feel is needed to make
    themselves feel better.

    adl6009, Aug 21, 2003