    within the Encarta itself to enable/disable this feature.

    Thanks
    divoch

    divoch, Jan 12, 2007

  2. divoch

    nevermind Guest

    In article <UGIph.61299$>,
    says...
    > I have installed Encarta ref. suite and this is part of it. It runs when I
    > start and is embedded in the IE. Even using a Start-up Inspector I do not
    > seem to be able to kill it for ever. I also do not see anywhere any setting
    > within the Encarta itself to enable/disable this feature.
    >
    > Thanks
    > divoch

    Try this freeware.

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/autoruns.html
    or the same program from the microsoft site
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Autoruns.mspx

    nevermind, Jan 12, 2007

  3. divoch

    divoch Guest

    nevermind wrote:
    > In article <UGIph.61299$>,
    > says...
    >> I have installed Encarta ref. suite and this is part of it. It runs
    >> when I start and is embedded in the IE. Even using a Start-up
    >> Inspector I do not seem to be able to kill it for ever. I also do
    >> not see anywhere any setting within the Encarta itself to
    >> enable/disable this feature.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> divoch
    >>

    > Try this freeware.
    >
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/get/autoruns.html
    > or the same program from the microsoft site
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Autoruns.mspx

    It appears to have worked -:) I hope it will not pop up again on the next
    computer boot-up. Although I did not need it it is shame that the Help file
    does not work (seems not to find a correct web address)
    divoch

    divoch, Jan 12, 2007
  4. divoch

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "divoch" <> wrote in message
    > nevermind wrote:
    >> In article <UGIph.61299$>,
    >> says...
    >>> I have installed Encarta ref. suite and this is part of it. It runs
    >>> when I start and is embedded in the IE. Even using a Start-up
    >>> Inspector I do not seem to be able to kill it for ever. I also do
    >>> not see anywhere any setting within the Encarta itself to
    >>> enable/disable this feature.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> divoch
    >>>

    >> Try this freeware.
    >>
    >> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/autoruns.html
    >> or the same program from the microsoft site
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Autoruns.mspx

    > It appears to have worked -:) I hope it will not pop up again on the next
    > computer boot-up. Although I did not need it it is shame that the Help
    > file does not work (seems not to find a correct web address)
    > divoch

    Check how often you use this Encarta. You may decide to delete it, IF
    you don't really use/need it. s

    sdlomi2, Jan 13, 2007
  5. divoch

    divoch Guest

    sdlomi2 wrote:
    > "divoch" <> wrote in message
    >> nevermind wrote:
    >>> In article <UGIph.61299$>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Try this freeware.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/autoruns.html
    >>> or the same program from the microsoft site
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Autoruns.mspx

    >> It appears to have worked -:) I hope it will not pop up again on the
    >> next computer boot-up. Although I did not need it it is shame that
    >> the Help file does not work (seems not to find a correct web address)
    >> divoch
    >>

    > Check how often you use this Encarta. You may decide to delete
    > it, IF you don't really use/need it. s

    I do not use encyclopaedia all that often, who does, but I would not want to
    delete it. I just want to turn it on when I want to and not to have it
    start-up and sitting there all the time. Anyway, that freeware did seem to
    do the trick.

    divoch

    divoch, Jan 14, 2007