    setup right. It simply connects, and of course ties up the phone.

    I put this out and for some reason never saw it come up on the News?

    Thanks for any help CLF
    Cheswick, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Cheswick

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you have a firewall installed?

    Have you checked all of your applications that need
    updates -- they may be trying to auto-update; the
    same goes for Windows Update. Also, check your
    task scheduler.

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 16:37:05 GMT, in
    <Xns94A57632ADDB1DammSpamcforceatlant@207.106.93.150>
    Cheswick scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Cheswick

    Rifleman Guest

    "Cheswick" <> wrote in message
    > If I leave my computer on it will automatically connect to internet. I
    > can't find the program that's doing it. I check Outlook express and it is
    > setup right. It simply connects, and of course ties up the phone.
    >
    > I put this out and for some reason never saw it come up on the News?
    >
    > Thanks for any help CLF

    in addition to what Mike said, check your clock is not set to synchronise
    with an internet clock - XP default is ON for this one.
    Rifleman, Mar 7, 2004