    raindog
    -=-=-
    .... All taglines are busy..One will be with you shortly...

    raindog, Sep 13, 2004

  2. raindog

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 9/13/2004 5:57 PM raindog wrote:

    > How do I specify additional headers in TB? I found a spot in
    > mailnews.js that you can include additional headers, but I don't seem to
    > be doing it right. I'm just looking to add x-no-archive:yes to all
    > usenet posts.

    Add the following line to your user.js file located in your profile. If
    the file doesn't exist, then just create one using Notepad or whatever.

    user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", "X-No-Archive");

    That will add "X-No-Archive" to the header field e.i. To, Bcc,
    Newsgroup, etc. Just click the drop-down box and select "X-No-Archive"
    then type in "Yes"

    You can add whatever custom header you want this way. Just add them all
    on the same line in quotes, separate each one by a ",".

    Example:

    user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", "X-No-Archive,X-Like-This!");

    I used the "X-Like-This!" example in this message so you can verify it
    works.

    Let me know if that's not clear to you.
    --
    Brian

    .BRIAN., Sep 13, 2004

  3. raindog

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 9/13/2004 6:13 PM .BRIAN. wrote:

    > I used the "X-Like-This!" example in this message so you can verify it
    > works.

    Of course it helps if you actually select the header you want
    included... now the "X-Like-This!" one should be in my header ;-)

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    .BRIAN., Sep 13, 2004
  4. raindog

    raindog Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > On 9/13/2004 6:13 PM .BRIAN. wrote:
    >
    >> I used the "X-Like-This!" example in this message so you can verify it
    >> works.

    > Of course it helps if you actually select the header you want
    > included... now the "X-Like-This!" one should be in my header ;-)

    Thank you so much for the timely and informative answer.

    raindog
    -=-=-
    .... If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
    ... Oh, wait a minute, he already does."

    raindog, Sep 13, 2004