    all devices without confirmation from media player. I allow all devices.
    I've even tried sharing the video library and adding the c drive and
    individual folders and still nothing.

    Buggs1a, Jan 28, 2010

  2. Buggs1a

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I responded to your other post, but start at
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ices-and-computers-using-Windows-Media-Player
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/play-to

    On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:39:39 -0800, Buggs1a <> wrote:

    >Hi. I've got a pc with windows 7 ultimate x64. I've got a ps3 and xbox
    >360 I need to stream all my audio and video to. I used to have vista
    >ultimate and this worked fine. It was very easy to set up. I just right
    >clicked on hard drive c and shared it. I enabled the media streaming in
    >media player and told it to share the c drive as well as a few
    >individual folders. My ps3 and xbox 360 worked fine just from that. I
    >would go to the myxbox pane on it and select video. It saw the pc and I
    >could browse videos and music etc. I did the same thing from my ps3 and
    >it also had no problems accessing and playing music and video.
    >
    >How do I do this in windows 7 ultimate? It's totally different and much
    >harder. I've tried sharing my c drive and enabling the streaming in
    >media player yet it does not work on ps3 or xbox 360 even after allowing
    >all devices without confirmation from media player. I allow all devices.
    >I've even tried sharing the video library and adding the c drive and
    >individual folders and still nothing.

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    Barb Bowman, Jan 28, 2010

  3. Buggs1a

    Buggs1a Guest

    On 1/28/10 1:19 AM, Barb Bowman wrote:
    > I responded to your other post, but start at
    > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ices-and-computers-using-Windows-Media-Player
    > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/play-to
    >

    > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:39:39 -0800, Buggs1a<> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi. I've got a pc with windows 7 ultimate x64. I've got a ps3 and xbox
    >> 360 I need to stream all my audio and video to. I used to have vista
    >> ultimate and this worked fine. It was very easy to set up. I just right
    >> clicked on hard drive c and shared it. I enabled the media streaming in
    >> media player and told it to share the c drive as well as a few
    >> individual folders. My ps3 and xbox 360 worked fine just from that. I
    >> would go to the myxbox pane on it and select video. It saw the pc and I
    >> could browse videos and music etc. I did the same thing from my ps3 and
    >> it also had no problems accessing and playing music and video.
    >>
    >> How do I do this in windows 7 ultimate? It's totally different and much
    >> harder. I've tried sharing my c drive and enabling the streaming in
    >> media player yet it does not work on ps3 or xbox 360 even after allowing
    >> all devices without confirmation from media player. I allow all devices.
    >> I've even tried sharing the video library and adding the c drive and
    >> individual folders and still nothing.

    > Barb Bowman
    > MS-MVP
    > http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    > http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    Ok cool, thanks.
    On my xbox I can click on video and it shows 3 folders , but not
    everything on my pc. I need to be able to access (all) audio and video
    from my ps3 and 360, but no clue how to get it all to show up. That
    article you linked to didn't say anything about that.

    Buggs1a, Jan 29, 2010
  4. Buggs1a

    Barb Bowman Guest

    see my post in the other group.