How do I setup iTunes on 2 PCs with Music Library on a Network Drive?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Steve B., Oct 28, 2007.

  1. Steve B.

    Steve B. Guest

    Hi all,

    I have two PCs running Windows XP which both have the current version
    of iTunes installed. PC (a) is hard wired to my cable modem router and
    PC (b) has a wireless usb adapter which allows me to network the two
    PCs and share an internet connection. PC (b) is the remotely located
    PC which has an external usb hard drive which contains my iTunes Music
    Library and the folder is shared.

    Can anyone offer advice on how to set up iTunes on both PCs so that
    they use the same library located on the external hard drive. ALSO, I
    was wondering if this can be set up so that when a song is imported,
    purchased or added from PC (a) or (b) that the other PC will
    automatically have it listed in it's library as well as seeing the
    same information in the purchased section of iTunes' Music Store.

    Ithink that I'm doing something wrong, because so far whenever I buy
    or add a song on one PC, I have to go to File\Add Folder in iTunes and
    add the new folder that the song created on the storage drive in order
    for the PC (which was not the one to initiate the purchase) to see the
    new song.

    Thanks!!!!!
    Thanks in Advance!!!
    Regards,