    I want to launch Outlook every time I click an email link (mailto) but
    now Firefox launches Eudora, which I no longer use. How can I change
    this. Is it done somewhere on about:config?

    Bill, Aug 27, 2005

  2. Bill

    Jowah Guest

    Not sure about other OS's but if you are using XP, just click on start >
    All Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults

    Jowah, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Should have mentioned that I'm using Win 2000.

    Bill, Aug 28, 2005
  4. Bill

    Doug G Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > Jowah wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I want to launch Outlook every time I click an email link
    >>> (mailto) but now Firefox launches Eudora, which I no longer use.
    >>> How can I change this. Is it done somewhere on about:config?

    >> Not sure about other OS's but if you are using XP, just click on
    >> start > All Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults
    >>

    > Should have mentioned that I'm using Win 2000.

    Look for "Set Program Access and Defaults" in Control Panel > Add or
    Remove Programs.

    Doug G, Aug 28, 2005
  5. Bill

    ihammes

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    All the other things about setting the default mail handler apply, in addition, I believe you will need to manually add this boolean value to about: config.

    network.protocol-handler.external.mailto

    set the value to True

    ihammes, Dec 24, 2007