    password. I don't want ppl to be able to see my information that I have on my
    computer. How do I set my wireless system up so that anyone trying to connect
    HAS to use a password to connect?
    =?Utf-8?B?Y29mZmVlYmVhbjAwMg==?=, Apr 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y29mZmVlYmVhbjAwMg==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Entry Level Wireless Network does not work with passwords. Its work with
    Encryption (and few other measures) Only people who have your Encryption
    keys (like password) can connect.

    More about security of Wireless here.

    WEP, WPA, and the Future - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

    Network Segregation - http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Apr 10, 2005

  3. How to Secure Your Wireless Home Network with Windows XP

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05february10.mspx

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist