How do I secure a wireless network??

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=, Jan 7, 2007.

  1. I want to make my wireless network secured by having to enter a username and
    password in order to connect to the network. How do I do this?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=, Jan 7, 2007

  2. Hi
    Assuming that you have a Wireless Cable/DSL Router. Start by reading the
    security part of the Router. Choose the best method (WEp. WPA, etc.) that is
    mutual to the Router and the computer. Configure the Security Key in the
    Router and then use the same key in the Computer.

    You would have to read the manuals since every model of hardware has it own
    way to provide the configuration menus.

    May be this can further help, http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 8, 2007