    the episodes. Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Kendra
    Kendra Kay, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Kendra Kay

    AD Guest

    Hi,
    The DVD will eat up a lot of your disk space. It will also very likely be
    protected, which means that you will not be able to copy it properly anyway!
    If you don't want any of the DVD features you should able to copy the dvd on
    vhs tapes whilst watching the dvd.... it should be ok but never tried it
    myself.

    If you still want to copy your DVD, try:
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    and also clone DVD http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/index.html
    you'll still need the decrypter or some sort of decrypter to remove the
    anti-copy security.
    As far as I am aware you cannot burn a DVD with a CD writer and you need to
    get blank dvd disks.
    Am sure someone else with better knowledge will give you more info.
    AD

    "Kendra Kay" <> wrote in message
    > This is the story:
    > It's the Thin Blue Line. I borrowed it from a friend but she's watched it

    so
    > much it was totally unwatchable. So I got another from Amazon and now she
    > wants to watch it too - repeatedly. I've decided to save it to my hard

    drive
    > and give her the original. How can I do that? I've also got a CD writer

    but

    AD, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Kendra Kay

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:00:22 -0000, "Kendra Kay" <> wrote:

    >This is the story:
    >It's the Thin Blue Line. I borrowed it from a friend but she's watched it so
    >much it was totally unwatchable. So I got another from Amazon and now she
    >wants to watch it too - repeatedly. I've decided to save it to my hard drive
    >and give her the original. How can I do that? I've also got a CD writer but
    >not a DVD writer. I'm not fussed about DVD features just that I can watch
    >the episodes. Any ideas?

    Get a program called anydvd. It will allow you to copy the DVD to your hard
    drive any play it from there. You can use a program such as DVDx to convert
    your DVD to a VCD which can be burned to CD and played on a stand alone
    DVD player.

    >Thank you
    >Kendra

    -Barry
    ========
    Barry OGrady, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Kendra Kay

    Unk Guest

    http://www.dvdshrink.org/#

    Unk, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Kendra Kay

    David Wood Guest

    > This is the story:
    > It's the Thin Blue Line. I borrowed it from a friend but she's watched it so
    > much it was totally unwatchable.

    Why don't you teach her the proper way to handle DVDs?
    Or maybe perhaps something is wrong with her DVD player and it's
    scratching the discs?

    DVDs don't just wear out.
    David Wood, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Kendra Kay

    DataSpider Guest

    "David Wood" <> wrote in message
    > > This is the story:
    > > It's the Thin Blue Line. I borrowed it from a friend but she's watched

    it so
    > > much it was totally unwatchable.

    > Why don't you teach her the proper way to handle DVDs?
    > Or maybe perhaps something is wrong with her DVD player and it's
    > scratching the discs?
    >
    > DVDs don't just wear out.

    Yes, they will. But the bigger problem is the DVD player. I´t will become
    more and more dead after every use of it.
    In your case she problable made a scratch on the disk or made same finger
    prints on it.
    Clean the disk and try again.
    DataSpider, Dec 26, 2003
  7. Kendra Kay

    David Wood Guest

    > "David Wood" <> wrote in message
    > > > This is the story:
    > > > It's the Thin Blue Line. I borrowed it from a friend but she's watched

    > it so
    > > > much it was totally unwatchable.

    > > Why don't you teach her the proper way to handle DVDs?
    > > Or maybe perhaps something is wrong with her DVD player and it's
    > > scratching the discs?
    > >
    > > DVDs don't just wear out.

    > Yes, they will.

    How? So far noone has really been able to prove that a properly
    "assembled" DVD will just "wear out", just like noone is able to prove
    that a cd will wear out.

    If the DVD is becomming scratched, that does not count as "worn out",
    that counts as abuse.

    > But the bigger problem is the DVD player. I´t will become
    > more and more dead after every use of it.

    Yes, if the DVD player is actually damaging the discs (I did mention
    this in my reply..did you read it?)

    > In your case she problable made a scratch on the disk

    My case? I'm not the one with the problem, you replied to my
    reply....and I mentioned that as well.

    > or made same finger
    > prints on it.
    > Clean the disk and try again.