    Thanks!

    Get freeware
    http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Sep 8, 2005

  2. vbMark

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:37:20 GMT, vbMark <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am running my web site on a web host that I don't own or have access to
    >the server itself other than FTP and my control panel.
    >
    >I need to run a perl script from the command line. How do I do this? Do I
    >do something like Telnet in or what?

    If you only have ftp and control panel access, you probably don't have
    telnet access. You can try.

    Dependinig on how your server is configured you may be able to run the
    perl script from the browser, i.e. www.site.com/script.pl , but it
    depends on the web server setup.
    Evan Platt, Sep 8, 2005

  3. vbMark wrote the following on 9/8/2005 7:37 AM:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running my web site on a web host that I don't own or have access to
    > the server itself other than FTP and my control panel.
    >
    > I need to run a perl script from the command line. How do I do this? Do I
    > do something like Telnet in or what?
    >
    > Thanks!

    If you have a cgi-bin folder, drop the Perl script there, then reference
    the script on your page.

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 8, 2005
  4. ITSO azionista wrote the following on 9/8/2005 10:47 AM:
    > vbMark wrote the following on 9/8/2005 7:37 AM:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am running my web site on a web host that I don't own or have access
    >> to the server itself other than FTP and my control panel.
    >>
    >> I need to run a perl script from the command line. How do I do this?
    >> Do I do something like Telnet in or what?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > If you have a cgi-bin folder, drop the Perl script there, then reference
    > the script on your page.

    Check that, I now noticed "from the command line."
    If the only access you have is FTP and the host server's content
    management system (Control Panel), you will probably not be able to run
    a terminal/shell unless they provide such an interface in said Control
    Panel, which is unlikely.
    Perhaps your host provides SSH or Telnet access? You can ask them.

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 8, 2005