    Is there any way of retrieving full-sized original photos from ofoto, or
    will the best I can do be the greatly-downsized images they have on the
    web?
    TommyC, Aug 29, 2004

  2. TommyC <> wrote in news::

    > I broke the CD onto which I'd backed a bunch of old photos, photos which
    > I subsequently deleted from my computer for space reasons.

    If they are important pictures - then storage today is by far
    to cheap for deleting any photos at all.

    > The photos ARE on ofoto. But I can't figure out how to download the
    > pictures from my ofoto account to my hard drive. The only option seems
    > to be to BUY prints of the pictures, even though it's my account and I
    > am logged in.
    >
    > Is there any way of retrieving full-sized original photos from ofoto, or
    > will the best I can do be the greatly-downsized images they have on the
    > web?

    I would assume you can't - as ofoto probably don't want
    to be your backup. I suggest you contact Ofoto an hear what
    they can do for you.

    And, if you buy the pictures you get most of the money,
    don't you? :)

    /Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Aug 29, 2004

  3. This really is a question for them. With dotphoto.com I can do it.

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 30, 2004