    restore it and I can't find any information about how. Suggestions,
    please.

    , Feb 26, 2006

  2. p-nut Guest

    wrote:
    > The display properties icon used to be in my Windows 2000 system tray
    > and it seemingly just disappeared. Thought it would be simple to
    > restore it and I can't find any information about how. Suggestions,
    > please.

    Control Panel > Display
    There should be a setting within it for your sound card to display in the
    tray.

    p-nut, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 04:08:01 GMT, "p-nut" <i_don'> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> The display properties icon used to be in my Windows 2000 system tray
    >> and it seemingly just disappeared. Thought it would be simple to
    >> restore it and I can't find any information about how. Suggestions,
    >> please.

    >Control Panel > Display
    >There should be a setting within it for your sound card to display in the
    >tray.

    My sound card does display in the tray. I'm talking about the display
    properties, the settings adjustable from either control panels >
    display or from right clicking on the desktop and picking properties.
    There was an icon for that in the system tray (I think it looked like
    a monitor, but I forget now) and it's disappeared in the last week.

    Somewhere I've read that by going display properties > settings >
    advanced I can find something to make the display properties show up
    in the system tray, but I don't see that on my machine. Again, this
    is Windows 2000.

    My graphics card is an Intel 82810E and I've read that the driver
    manufacturer might have a way of restoring this icon. Can't find out
    how though, and I'd think that restoring a simple icon that had been
    there for years would be a lot easier than that.

    , Feb 26, 2006